Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Vacuum Pumps Again!

Started by John Bantin ·

  • 32Posts
  • 32Replies

Read-only discussion

Vacuum Pumps Again!

32 posts
  1. I was going to delete this, but given that the post references my lack of discipline while writing thought that doing so would look churlish.

     

    John, I fail to see what this last post has to do with the release of the Nauticam vacuum system? Correct me if I am wrong, but that seems to be what this topic is about? Is it just an attempt to drive visitors to your review?

     

    Adam

  2. My review is of yet another alternative vacuum pump system, which people might be interested to know about.

     

    Adam, I think you are being over-sensitive. Everyone knows that paper magazines are limited by pagination and hence articles have to be concise (although this article is available on the Internet, it originates from a paper magazine) whereas when we write specifically for the Internet this is no longer a problem...or is your complaint another case of Nauticam bias? (I was the OP on this thread!)

    Edited by John Bantin
  3. I wonder if Aquatica is working on something similar.

     

     

    Yes we are.

  4. It is great to hear that Jean,

  5. Hi John,

     

    The last post of this dormant thread was a legitimate query about whether Aquatica plan to produce a vacuum system. ( I am very glad to hear that they are!)

     

    Your reply does not attempt to answer his query, but points people to one of your reviews on a site about another third party product. This looks to me like you are using the forums to drive traffic to sites and reviews with which you are associated.

     

    Your last post says that this is "another case of Nauticam bias"-would you care to substantiate that remark?

     

    Adam

  6. Adam, I have been a member for a while, but pretty inactive until recently. Is it frowned upon to make a post that references people to a site that is not on Wetpixel? I found John's article well written and informative. Please do not see this question as trying to "stir the pot", I just found the reference a good read, and since I have just purchased a vacuum system, I was glad that he posted it. And unfortunately but true, there are a lot more "dormant threads" since the weekly photo contest went down the crapper. I would not mention the photo contest here, but alas, all questions regarding the weekly photo contest in the "feedback" section have seem to have disappeared.

    Edited by diverdoug1
  7. Hi Doug,

     

    There is no issue about people linking to articles of interest in general.

     

    However, due to various commercial organizations using the forums somewhat unscrupulously in the past, we introduced a set of specific rules. They are listed here:

     

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36639

     

    Industry members cannot make posts about things unless they are responding to a specific enquiry.

     

    POTW will come back, it is simply a question of time and resources. I miss it too...

     

    No posts have been specifically deleted, but posts in Feedback, Announcements etc. do auto remove after long periods of inactivity. Please stick another post in there to keep us reminded!

     

    In general, post deletion by admins only takes place when the post is in violation of the above rules, is a personal attack on a Wetpixel member or is spam!

     

    Adam

  8. Adam. I have not worked for Diver Mag nor been paid by that organisation since July.

  9. Thanks John,

     

    I was aware of that, but I believe that you are still writing for various other publications so are still an industry member.

     

    Adam

  10. I am retired from my job that gave me a reputation for integrity and unbiased reporting. In fact I was never an Industry Member. I was in fact the scourge of an industry that is probably glad to see the back of me. I have a collection of more letters from the lawyers of Industry Members than most. I will occasionally write something for a magazine but no more so than any other member of wetpixel. However, if Adam take offence that I post here, so be it. I will no longer do it.

  11. I am not in a position to judge if John has violated any WP guidelines. I do value his observations & opinions.

    Bob

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.