Bob -
I see your point...but I will say that many women I know tend to get colder than men on the same dives. I can't speak for Fletcher, though I can tell you I've been in the water with her, and she uses top-quality gear that fits her well. However - for myself - I have used lots of different suits and undergarments for lots of different types of dives, and I see the heated vest for my current diving not as a crutch, but as a tool that allows me to be far more comfortable without adding more bulk. I am already carrying around 75% of my body weight when I get in for an average dive, and more lead to sink thicker undies is not an appealing proposition. Just my 2 cents from a woman's perspective.
Fletcher, don't know if we'll see you before June, but if so, you're welcome to try my vest on. Love that thing. They say 4 hours on high - I was using it for 3 x 70 minute dives in South Komodo just fine (medium intensity), and I have used it on 2 x 90-95 minute CCR dive days in California (low and medium)on several occasions. I did have to replace the batteries recently, but I use the vest 2 days a week on average, and up to 7 when travelling.
Allison
PS - Adam, I remember you mentioned those gloves to me previously....I need to get a pair!!!