Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Question for Cold Water Divers- Heated Vests?

Started by fforbes ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Question for Cold Water Divers- Heated Vests?

22 posts
  1. Thanks to everyone for their very good advice. As always, this hobby will find new ways to inhale any extra monies I might have had. So now I'm looking at a 10mm hood, Fourth Element glove liners (I use Diving Concept dry gloves, like them much better than DUI), and the Thermalution vest. Like Allison, I'd rather go that route than add extra bulk and extra lead. As it is, I can barely climb back in the boat.

     

    Allison, thanks very much for the information. Since we know you wear one size smaller than I do :-), what size is your vest?

     

    Fletcher

  2. Get a suit that fits properly.

    Wear appropriate undergarments.

    Wear a suitable hood.

    Wear suitable gloves.

    Use a Thermolution heated vest.

    Use a CCR.

    Use proper nutrition.

     

    (I think that covers it!)

     

     

     

    ...swim about a bit?

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.