I can make my choice based on whatever reason I SEE FIT. Yes the photo site and Flickr acct are associated with me. And yes, I had an Olympus OM-D E-M5 for a good 6 months incl. the Nauticam housing. Had nothing really against that particular housing, just the camera, hence I sold it. As in my opinion the OM-D was overhyped and had various flaws (incl cracked screen bazel) that nobody seemed to want to write about, it slowely all came to light. Whether you have a Apple product or not and like it, fact is some western companies choose to make their products now in China and with it goes the quality and cheap labor to rake in HUGE profits without regard to the laborers (aka Foxcomm comes to mind). I do not support such companies if I have a choice. And I can choose and make my decision how I see fit. I don't have local dealers to walk in and test housings out, hence I have to rely on information that is available, photos, videos, specs, reputation.
I like to see a company that has a REAL business address (the headquarters where they actually engineer and or make their product) and not a hidden office in a tower that when you go there you have just a name on a door bell. Shows me a lot. Ever looked up Canon? http://www.canon.com/corp/list.html
Mercedes: http://www.daimler.com/dccom/0-5-1037142-1-1333344-1-0-0-0-0-0-92-7145-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.html
AQUATICA
Corporate Headquarters
3025 De Baene
Montréal, Québec, Canada
H4S 1K8
I will not engage in a political discussion here, I made up my mind based on mainly Drew's great review, information I had already gathered, reputation from the past, photos and videos (not dive videos but actual housing reviews and they are scarce). I had my hopes on Nauticam based on the optical trigger option but that is just prototype still 6 months + later. Extra cost is another thing I could not justify and having discovered the made in China for sure that broke the straw for good.
So long, Drew, Rocha and famorim thanks for the feedback and helping. Moderator if you like close the thread.