Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

5D Mark III Nauticam or Aquatica?

Started by Scubanomad ·

  • 28Posts
  • 28Replies

Read-only discussion

5D Mark III Nauticam or Aquatica?

28 posts
  1. Jean, I know about that... I bought one for the safety of my cameras and lenses during tests. :) I was referring to 2 extension rings combined, which as far as I know, isn't possible with Aquatica.

    Fit a vacuum leak test, apply the pump and everything is locked on any housing. Rely of physics not mechanics!

  2. Jean, I know about that... I bought one for the safety of my cameras and lenses during tests. :) I was referring to 2 extension rings combined, which as far as I know, isn't possible with Aquatica.

     

    Ah, my bad, did not get this part of the post correctly, it is very rare and not really recommended to stack extension normally, as we do have quite a range of extension ring of different length to accommodate most lenses useful underwater. Still I will bring it up at our next production meeting, there might be a way to do that if it"s necessary.

  3. I’d suggest a Nauticam factory visit Scubanomad, as your opinions are woefully ill-informed.

    where's the address? In Room 2203 in your Telekom Tower? You're joking right? Like I said, look at reputable companies, they are not hiding behind a room number in a tower! Aka Mercedes, Canon, Nikon, Aquatica, Subal they all have a true address I can go visit.

  4.  

    @ Scubanomad, if ever you are in Montreal, I will be my pleasure to give you a tour of our manufacture, we are minutes from the airport and its aerospatial complex and my office is directly attached to the shop. (but come in the summer, winter can be a shocking experience up here :o).

    Thank you very much Jean, I gladly take your invitation and will contact Aquatica via email in regards to a visit this summer, not certain if you sell from the factory as well vs me having afterwards to visit one of your authorized dealers. Thanks again and you'll hear from me soon.

  5. Scubanomad,

     

    How about we schedule your visit in conjunction with a visit at the same time of that of an Authorized dealer? ;-) I've yet to go bug Jean at his office...only by phone or email. :pig: But he's already come to visit me so turnabout is fair play!

     

    Stu

  6. where's the address? In Room 2203 in your Telekom Tower? You're joking right? Like I said, look at reputable companies, they are not hiding behind a room number in a tower! Aka Mercedes, Canon, Nikon, Aquatica, Subal they all have a true address I can go visit.

     

    Scubanomad, for your information, this is how an address looks like in Hong Kong...

     

    Cathay Pacific airlines

    Suite 1808, 18th floor, Tower 6

    The Gateway, Harbour City

    9 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

    Kowloon, Hong Kong

     

     

    Hong Kong Post

    Unit 1603

    16/F,

    Tower 1,

    Enterprise Square Phase 1

    Kowloon Bay

     

     

    Lenovo

    Room 1403-05, 14/F,

    Chinachem Exchange Square,

    1 Hoi Wan Street,

    Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.

     

     

    Esprit, the clothing company

    43/f Enterprise Square Three

    39 Wang Chiu Road

    Kowloon Bay

    Kowloon, Hong Kong

    Edited by Drew
  7. As for Underwatervisions... they are based in the Tattersall Tower!

  8. Scubanomad: we rely on a network of dealers for the distribution of our products, but I am sure that if you go through a dealer, it can be arranged for you to pick up at our factory when you visit us this summer (good timing BTW, we just expanded and updated our production facility with newer, still shinny machinery!)

     

    Actually if Stewart wants to join in, then weather permitting, I’ll have a BBQ lunch thrown in for the occasion. :yahoo: Blake, of the owners, is quite an accomplished artist with a BBQ grill!

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.