Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

When is the Nauticam NA-GH3 coming?

Started by wind ·

  • 27Posts
  • 27Replies

Read-only discussion

When is the Nauticam NA-GH3 coming?

27 posts
  1. Thank you for the review. I am looking forward to test mine soon.

    Do you have some underwater pictures taken with the GH3 that you can share with us?

  2. What is this filter holder for the 7-14mm? I have not heard of that.

  3. Regarding filter, see here:

    http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51390321

    The part number mentioned there worked also for Panasonic Service Germany. I cut a little bit from the back as described in one of the responses....and needed a very small screwdriver but works now perfectly!

     

    Regarding photos: please keep in mind that I am not such a pro as some of you are....so let's see them as a first try....

     

    Regards, Sascha

  4. I have also been using my new Nauticam GH3 housing for a week of diving with the GH3 and Panasonic LUMIX G X Vario 12-35mm F2.8 lense in the Nauticam 6' Wide Angle Port.

    I am very happy with the housing. I really recommend this setup.

  5. I have also been using my new Nauticam GH3 housing for a week of diving with the GH3 and Panasonic LUMIX G X Vario 12-35mm F2.8 lense in the Nauticam 6' Wide Angle Port.

    I am very happy with the housing. I really recommend this setup.

     

    Hey Starfish - I am very interested in your input on this setup.

     

    I have been waiting for the right time to buy a new camera for both topside/general travel use and underwater photo/video, and have been very tempted by this setup. How do you feel this lens works for underwater work? The Panny 12-35 seems like the optimal "first lens" for topside/travel, but I've been wondering how suitable it is for underwater. It sounds like you're quite satisfied - do you have any photos/video you can post? I'd welcome any additional feedback you have about this gear.

     

    Thanks!

  6. Sorry for the late reply. I have been offline for some weeks.

    I am no expert in underwater photography, but the 12-35 lens is very good for topside/travel, and work very well (in my opinion) underwater as well. One good thing is that you can use the 7-14 lens in the same port if you want that later.

    Here are some photos using the GH3 with 12-35 underwater:

     

    post-42053-0-75457700-1378332271_thumb.jpg

    post-42053-0-59759500-1378332336_thumb.jpg

    post-42053-0-02321900-1378332416_thumb.jpg

    post-42053-0-76714000-1378332518_thumb.jpg

  7. Hi all,

     

    Could you highlight the most relevant settings for underwater photography use of this camera?

     

    Thank you in advance

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.