- 28Posts
- 28Replies
Read-only discussion
Muvo2 back in stock...
-
-
Not fast enough. It's out again.
-
So that microdrive actually works in our cameras?
Karl
-
-
I'm game.........ordered one from PCMall..........will be delivered April 20
Karl
-
The Hitachi 4GB Microdrive works just fine in my 10D and it was a piece of cake to get it installed and working. ( If I did it it has to be!)
While we are on this topic I still have some unanswered question about microdrives. Eric, or anyone else ???
Here is the copied post:
The microdrive showed up as empty upon insertion into to my computer's PC card reader.
Both times, I used PhotoRescue and retrieved some small percentage of the images. Most were corrupted (partially retrieved).
_________________
Eric Cheng - Wetpixel Editor and Administrator - http://echeng.com
Seacam/Canon 1Ds, Ikelite DS-125, INON Z-220, ULCS Arms
AndreSmith
Moray Eel
Joined: Aug 16, 2003
Posts: 61
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Status: Online! Posted: Mar 03, 2004 - 07:22 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's scary! Did you ever determine what the problem was and how to stop this from happening again? Were you able to review the images on your camera at the time or did it come as a complete surprise only oce you tried to read the microdrive on your PC? Was this a problem of one particular rogue microdrive or can this happen with any microdrive?
Apologies for all the questions but as I now also have the Hitachi 4GB Microdrive I would hate to find out one day that all my data has been lost after a hard day's diving! It has been working flawlessly with my 10D so far, but I haven't had it underwater yet....
Thanks
-
You have one more chance.

Target.com has the highly wanted Creative Nomad MuVo 4GB MP3 Player for $199 - 10% coupon code TDAW2SAVETEN = $180, $7 shipping.
-
Availability: Usually ships within 3 to 5 days
Fingers crossed here - thanks Eric.
Cheers
James
-
Thanks Eric. I'm torn though, I could use a nice 4 GB Mp3 player. Guess I should have ordered 2...

Tom
-
Tom, you can replace the 4gig microdrive with a 1 gig microdrive and it will still work. That is of course unless you just can't live without the 4 gigs capacity - but that sure seems like a lot.
Cheers
James
-
I stil have the stuff that was previously around the 4GB microdrive.

A friend has claimed it, but if he backs out, i'll give it to one of you folks.
The interface sucks, by the way. You need a wheel to navigate MP3s. Pushing or holding down a button to scroll is so... un-Apple like!

-
I know James, but I'd just be better off getting the iPod I've been avoiding buying for a while. I've already got a CF based MP3 player I bought a long time ago, and it will take microdrives as well. I'd just like one device to hold all of my music so I don't have to mess around with moving it back and forth.
I'm just waiting until Apple comes out with an iPod with a built in CF interface that isn't as slow as the add-on adapter. Also, with a nice built in color LCD for movies. And a phone. And a, oh, nevermind....

"Un-Apple like", I like it...
-
Macrumors says that the next gen Ipod will have a color LCD for viewing images. It involves changing the Ipod operating system. No word on if it will have better download capacities for images.
-
target's out of stock too

-
In stock at buy.com:
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=...0892&dcaid=1688
your humble servant,
eric
-
Are you just bored at work and searching constantly for MuVos, or are you amassing a huge pile of MP3 carcasses because your 1Ds eats disk space like it's going out of style???

-
hahaha. I'm always on the lookout for stuff like this, and check a few deal sites a few times a day.

I already have one, and don't plan on buying another. this is for YOU GUYS.

-
"Please note: This drive can not be removed. If this drive is removed it will void your warranty"
Really? I thought Creative would be happy to fix a Mp3 player I'd hacksawed open. I would be really careful doing so, so I don't know why they have a problem with it.

The buy.com site one is 'on order', and too expensive btw. I think megabyte-hungry wetpixelers have bought up the entire known world stock of these drives!
-
You can get the drives on E*** for about $220 and lots of naked MUVO's and other gizmos that had the drives in them.
BVA
-
Damn, just got an email from Target saying that the order is delayed until late May. Oh well...