Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D7100 or D600

Started by PhotographingBlind ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

D7100 or D600

22 posts
  1. Diverdoug1,

     

    I agree with your analysis. If one cares about wide angle photography one should prefer the D800. It is an awesome camera. However, as you say, if one wants to shoot only macro, a DX format is better. The D800 is not much better in pixel density than the D300. I am avoiding any more DX lenses but the DX bodies still interest me. Unfortunately pricing a Naudicam D7100 housing that is the rough equivilent of my metal SeaTool D300 housing comes to $5000. That is a tough nut to upgrade to a D7100.

     

    Maybe moving to FX is a better plan for increased flexibility. I admit to being in a quandry so i am still in D300 mode.

     

    Tom

  2. Tom, another thing to consider when making your choice (other than pixel density), is the superior low light auto-focus performance of the D800. I really notice this topside when using my D7100 on a long lens. Once twilight arrives, I end up switching to a D800 or a D4 body. Or you could wait for the release of the D5 in early 2016, which quite likely will have a FX sensor with a pixel density that rivals the D7100

    Edited by diverdoug1
Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.