Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 150MM macro F2.8-Any experiences/pictures out there?

Started by TomR1 ·

  • 25Posts
  • 25Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 150MM macro F2.8-Any experiences/pictures out there?

25 posts
  1. Stewart,

     

    That is fascinating info. The 150 with +5 may be much easier to deal with than the 105 with a +10.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Tom

  2. Tom,

     

    Having used both, I agree

     

    S.

  3. I have some interesting options. It appears that I have a port combo which will allow me to mount one or two dry diopters on the Sigma 150. I am thinking I can mount the 5t (+1.3) and then use the +5 when I want and leave the +10 on the boat. I can still focus within 24". However the +5 wet will be further from the 150MM. Anyone know how that affects things?

     

    Tom

  4. Same same, i love the 150 sigma, a real pleasure to shot...like it was mention before on clear tropical water the distance is not realy a problem as long as the subjet it smaller than 20cm and on water with more particules: i arrange my strobe very much in front of the housing to minimize the Light /subjet distance, me beeing still far from the fish, it usually does not scare it.

    the mouving subjet are not scare ( see the photo below: this fish is so shy that this shot will be impossible if not with 150 ) : http://www.flickr.com/photos/101623137@N02/9730953994/

     

    with the subsee + 10 , i found it very difficult , but i presume it is also because my lense is 1cm away from the dome end, making the distance beteewn the dome and the lens too long ...someone has any idea ?

    but you get realy close shot : http://www.flickr.com/photos/101623137@N02/9866059744/

     

    with the + 5 it become resonable and easy to use...

     

    after using the 150 for more than a year ( all my last macro shot on my flickr galery are with 150 ) i can't go with another lens ( i try again 2 times the 60 AFS that i previously used, but it seems that the possibility are better with the 150 ), i really get use to it and it is great.

     

    enjoy wakatobi,

     

    Gilles

    Edited by Gilbubblefish
  5. I used the handy spreadsheet and came up with the following:

     

    150mm w/ +5 subsee. 3 1/2 (95.56mm) inch working distance 1.9:1 magnification max F/stop is f/22

    105mm w/+10 subsee 2 1/4 (58.16mm) inch working distance 2.2:1 magnification max F/stop is f/32

    150mm w/+10 subsee 2 3/8 (64.66mm) inch working distance 2.9:1 magnification max F/stop is F/22

     

    T.D Priest indicated that 2 8" arms were barely long enough to get the strobs in the proper position and suggested additional extensions or a remote strobe and a buddy.

     

    Regards and Merry Christmas,

     

    Tom

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.