Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

acrylic vs. glass domes

Started by chipi ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

acrylic vs. glass domes

24 posts
  1. Thank you Chris for all the informations.

     

    I don't know exactly when but in June my wife and me will be in Orosei for a holiday week.

    Beautiful place, wonderful sea and incredibly white mountains (Supramonte!!)

    This year I plan to swim with dolphins in Cala Goloritzè ...

     

    bye

  2.  

    This year I plan to swim with dolphins in Cala Goloritzè ...

    Not the easiest thing to plan, i saw a lot of dolphins in the Gulf of Orosei but 95% of it far far from shore ...

     

    I am in Switzerland June 13-20 but before o r after i would love to do some (photo) dives with you!

    Nudis or Wrecks, or with some luck nudis on wrecks :-)

     

    Let me know when you are know when you will come!

     

    Chris

     

    Edited by ChrigelKarrer
  3. How is the quality of the SAGA domes versus for example the ZEN domes?

     

    Anybody did some tests?

     

    Saga minidome for the canon 8-15 fisheye costs 595 euros, and the ZEN dome cost here in Europe 1050-1100 euros. Both glass, both coated, and both have removable hoods, what about picture quality?

     

    Thanks!

  4. Apparently nobody did some comparisons. I asked the Saga manufacturer, he could tell me the same Schott n-BK7 hemispheres are used. So for European photographers... with the current dollar/euro rate... chose yourself :).

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.