Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

GH4 lens recommandation

Started by pifailleve ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

GH4 lens recommandation

21 posts
  1. Just to play devil's advocate...

     

    I use both the Oly 9-18mm wide and the Oly 60mm macro with the Nauticam 4" wide-angle dome. I find it a good entry level set-up that gives me both wide and macro options with the same port. (BTW, both lenses are on sale now at a $200 discount at the Olympus store).

     

    For wide angle, I add a +2 diopter to the 9-18mm lens for better corner sharpness.

     

    For macro, I just leave the 60mm lens on full range since focus is quite fast. I also made a $10 DIY flip diopter holder for the Nauticam CMC for super macro shooting (the original one is almost $400!).

     

    As I bonus, I was able to attach the zoom gear for the 9-18mm lens on a Rokinon 7.5mm fisheye lens. This allows me to manual focus with this lens when used with the Nauticam 4.33" dome.

     

    Hope this helps!

     

    Happy shooting!

     

    Edited by michaeltsantos
AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.