Hi
Good news and bad news ...
Since Friday I have my Zeiss Touit 2.8 50 M here and the image quality after the first test-shots looks very good!
But there are also bad news, along with flash, there are problems and Zeiss has even confirmed me this. The problem appears to be that if you press the shutter button, it takes about 3 seconds until the camera also triggers and firing the flash. Zeiss has written to me that they are working on the problem with a new firmware.
In my view, the lens is at the moment for underwater photography unusable because you can not work properly with flash.
I hope Zeiss needs not too much time for the new firmware ...
Tino
PS: Sorry for my bad english.
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M for Sony E-Mount
Started by tdphoto ·
- 44Posts
- 44Replies
Read-only discussion
Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M for Sony E-Mount
-
-
I just bought the lens but can't put it on the camera for a few weeks as the camera is not with me. I'm very sorry to hear this news. There was no mention of this problem in Ryan Canon's extensive and very helpful review on the Reef Photo site. Is this an isolated incident or is this a more generalized problem?
Anyone else with similar problems?
-
My information is, that only the Zeiss Touit 2.8 50M for Sony E-Mount hast this problem at the moment. Zeiss has me confirmed the problem by e-mail. They work on a firmware to resolve the problem.
-
I think the lens Tedj is talking about is the stellar Zeiss Touit 12mm F/2.8 and the ZEN DP-170 SS dome and extension review at the Reef Photo site.
-
Given the length of time we've been waiting for this lens (the Fuji version has been around sine the start of the year), this is really disappointing news. We can only hope that Zeiss/Sony get it sorted quickly.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
I am lucky to buy two Touit lenses just this month and I am not too late to find out the importance of SSM and also OS in Sony made lenses
-
I think the lens Tedj is talking about is the stellar Zeiss Touit 12mm F/2.8 and the ZEN DP-170 SS dome and extension review at the Reef Photo site.
My mistake. I didn't notice the 50M.
I did just buy the 12mm and because of that I'm keeping the NEX-7. Now to adapt my big Subal dome which I believe is a 3 series, based on the measurements given in the Reef Photo knowledge base article. I've also got the Sony 10-18mm and Zen dome to work with.
-
I can confirm I also have the same problem with the Zeiss Touit 50 macro on my Sony a6000 - I am not happy.
Given the length of time it has taken Zeiss to produce this lens it is unacceptable that such a simple flaw was not detected.
-
Is the lens otherwise good?? I mean optically.
..and how fast is the focus with the A6000??
-
Very good and very fast.
-
Thanks, it's good to know.
-
Does anyone know if this issue is unique to the a6000? Has anyone tried it with the NEX6?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
I have tried the NEX-5N, NEX-7 and Alpha 6000 and with all cameras i have the problem.
Tino
-
It worked fine with my NEX-5.
-
Interesting, thanks. Think I'll wait til the firmware fix ... and risk being stuck with the 30mm for yet another trip. [emoji16]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Has anyone managed to get a Nauticam Mini extension ring 30 for this to use with Macro port? Everyone seems to be out of stock?
Nauticam Mini Extension Ring 30Part#36630
-
Got mine from Alex Tattersall at http://www.uwvisions.com/
-
Has anyone tried the canon lenses through the metabones adapter?
-
We have stock Aliens but depends where you’re based.
-
Based in Australia. often order via US shops