Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

NEX Macro Option?

Started by jmauricio ·

  • 49Posts
  • 49Replies

Read-only discussion

NEX Macro Option?

49 posts
  1. Phil.....since the total cost of owning a housing with ports is the same..so if slow AF is inherited from A7, then I should not invest on A7R2's housing

  2. I think it has been well documented that AF speed both in S-AF and C-AF has improved with each new Alpha 7 release, AF is also only one aspect of a complete underwater system. I could argue that 5DIII and D800 do not have 5 axis image stabilization and EVF or that the A7 II with 16-35mm zoom has better corner sharpness with a 180mm port than the C/N 16-35mm lenses have with a 230mm port. These features may be important to some and not to others, these are choices we each have to weight when investing in new equipment.

  3. Phil

    Thank you for the explanations

  4. This is the Nauticam port for the 90mm macro and NA-A7II housing. Has a mounting point at the front for a focus light. Seems very well balanced when used with the attached float arms and Inon Z-240 strobes.

     

     

    post-2618-0-23401700-1439520562_thumb.jpg

    post-2618-0-02613100-1439520575_thumb.jpg

    post-2618-0-55081200-1439520596_thumb.jpg

    post-2618-0-46191400-1439521208_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Phil Rudin
  5. Wow...that's what I have been dreaming of...just got my A7r II...


    BTW, the low light focusing ability of A7rII is still behind that of D810 or 5D3...so...video lights need to be placed somewhere on the housing along with two Ions Z240s

  6. The new 90mm sony lens is outstanding with performance but also with the price

     

    So I bought old Minolta 100mm f2.8 maco lens and Sony LE-EA1 adapter. With that setup there is no AF but it is possible to control aperture. The price for used parts are around 250 Euro.

     

    Now I can see difference to compare with 30mm macro lens.

     

    First I did test with Inon lens UCL-330. That setup can give higher magnification but CA is significant. The focusing distance is abut 11cm

     

    F14, ISO200, 1/60

    And F2,8. ISO100, 1/60

    _DSC1766.jpg

     

    _DSC1770.jpg

     

    Without close up glass, the lens work a bit better and distance to object is significantly longer.

     

    f32

    _DSC1777.jpg

     

    f16

    _DSC1778.jpg

     

    and f16 but lower magnification

    _DSC1785.jpg

    Edited by TomekP
  7. One of the upsides to all mirrorless cameras is the ability to mount just about any manufactures lens to the camera body using the proper adapter and the excellent focus peaking on the Sony A7R II makes manual focusing much easer. The problem becomes support for these lens configurations in a housing. Nauticam included support for the Canon 100mm macro with the first A7 line of housings but as new Sony FE lenses are released support for non-Sony lenses may begin to go away.

  8. I used the port for Sony A mount 100mm lens with additional adapter.

    And now when I compared it to Your setup then it looks like Sony A7 with 90mm macro lens is much smaller and compact than NEX.

    11076155_1016227661739340_2115347590_n.j

  9. there is a picture taken with Minolta 100mm f2,8 with one Inon UCL330 lens ... no crop

     

    _DSC2585-2.jpg

     

    there is just crop to square proportion

     

    _DSC2563.jpg

    Edited by TomekP
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.