Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Panasonic LX-100 Nauticam housing

Started by kc_moses ·

  • 130Posts
  • 130Replies

Read-only discussion

Panasonic LX-100 Nauticam housing

130 posts
  1. Does the UV filter hit the standard rectangular port glass? I noticed that the lens was awfully close to the port on my system.

  2. I noticed two small black soft items in a small ziplock bag that accompanied the NA-LX100. They kind of resemble earplugs with a tab on them. Any idea what those are for?

  3. I don't have the UV filter on the camera when I put it into the housing. The UV filter get put back on once I'm done diving.

     

    The two rubber ear plug looking thing goes in front of the flash area to plug the holes for the fiber optic cable for strobe. If you don't shoot photo with strobe, you can plug it in, but I just leave it out, one less thing to worry about loosing.

  4. I have made some preliminary measurements comparing the Subsee 10 and CMC-1, both connected to the NA-LX100 via the (non-modified) diopter flip frame in a plastic tub of water at home.

    VIGNETTE

    Subsee 10 lost vignette at 72 mm zoom. Consequently all measurements below are at 75 mm zoom.

    CMC-1 lost vignette at 54 mm zoom. Therefore I will report two different picture widths for this lens at closest and furthest focus, corresponding to 54 and 75 mm zoom.

     

    FOCAL DISTANCE [min to max] & RANGE

    Subsee 10: 7.1 to 12.2 cm (= range of 5.1 cm)

    CMC-1: 4.5 to 7.2 cm (= range of 2.7 cm)

     

    PICTURE WIDTH

    Subsee 10: 4.6 cm @ 75mm zoom

    CMC-1: 4.2 cm @ 54mm zoom, 3.3 cm @ 75mm zoom

     

    Randy
    Edited by MrScuba
  5. Nice, 3.2cm is what Nauticam reported about the CMC. When shooting video, the crop factor would change a big so might be able to get smaller subject, but not by much. How is the sharpness of the CMC compare to the Subsee 10?

  6. Nice, 3.2cm is what Nauticam reported about the CMC. When shooting video, the crop factor would change a big so might be able to get smaller subject, but not by much. How is the sharpness of the CMC compare to the Subsee 10?

    The lx100 has multi aspect sensor so in video the frame is actually wider. In 4K where there is a smaller area you may have a marginal improvement

    Around 1mm it that

    Edited by Interceptor121
  7. The subsee image looks more in focus than the CMC. The vignette is apparent on the subsee. Were you at full zoom?

  8. Yes, 75 mm with both pictures.

  9. I noticed two small black soft items in a small ziplock bag that accompanied the NA-LX100. They kind of resemble earplugs with a tab on them. Any idea what those are for?

    to cover the holes for the optic fiber cables if your not using them
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.