The D7200 looks very, very similar to the D7100. These two photos come from the Nikon website:
Maybe this will slot straight into D7100 housings. I know a some housing manufacturers were annoyed that the Canon 5DS fitted into 5D3 housings - meaning no sales for them and also for the manufacturers who are fast to market - no early sales boom over other brands.
Might the D7200 be the same?
As a D7100 housing owner, I am particularly interested. Especially as I only have one D7100 body and nearly bought a second earlier in the year.
Alex
Another one following with interest... although the improvements over the 7100 (specially if, like happens to me, video is of not much interest) are not very big IMHO.
I think my first chance to see the D7200 (without buying one) will be at the UK Photography Show in a couple of weeks, but I am not sure I can be bothered to carry my housing around the show!
So hoping someone will try is soon. Looks identical - so should fit in all.
Alex
I hope it fits the D7100 housing.
If it does, I think it will be a boon for Nikon. I like the increased buffer size. This has been a great improvement from the D800E to the D810, good I hope for action and less frustrating out of buffer situations.
Yeah, I made the same comparison. If it really fits, second body with Expeed 4 will be great. We need a housing manufacturer approval I guess(:
Would be great if it did! They are certainly very close.
Dimensions of each are the same:
136 x 107 x 76 mm (5.35 x 4.21 x 2.99″)
At first glance from the top, it seems like the grips seem might have a very slightly different shape. But it's very close, hard to tell.
Jack
Still not seeing or hearing anything to suggest that the D7200 will not just simply slot straight into D7100 housings. Here are some more comparison images from the internet, as such the reliability and provenience of the images are unknown:
Alex
One thin I wish they would have done is to get rid of the button that locks the PASM dial. That's messed me up a couple times. Suppose to be able to change that with my Aquatica but I have found that doesn't work so well sometimes.
The button looks a bit taller on the D7200 in all views. Hope that doesn't screw up the housing fit, like the multi selector button on the D300S did for the D300.
seem identical to me, I have no doubt that the D7200 is 100% compatible with all its housings. I do not think for underwater use there are differences so obvious, perhaps for the video.
seem identical to me, I have no doubt that the D7200 is 100% compatible with all its housings. I do not think for underwater use there are differences so obvious, perhaps for the video.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That post is hilarious.
I was at Oztek in Sydney over the weekend and the guys from Nauticam Australia had a D7200 in the D7100 housing and it all seem to fit perfectly.
I was at Oztek in Sydney over the weekend and the guys from Nauticam Australia had a D7200 in the D7100 housing and it all seem to fit perfectly.
Were you able to try out all buttons or was it simply that they had a 7200 in 7100 housing?
I didn't test every button, but they assured me that they all aligned and all worked. I believe the D7200 is being released in the USA tomorrow, so hopefully someone will be able to confirm this.
Sofar it looks like the Nikon designers had mercy with the UW photographers!.
I can confirm the D7200 fits in the Nauticam D7100 housing. I was working on the Nauticam Australia stand at OzTek over the weekend and I personally put the camera in the housing and tested all the buttons.
Everything works.
On the subject of Nikon cropped sensors, does anyone think there is still space for a Nikon D400/D9000 cropped sensor pro body?
Is the D7200 equal competition to the Canon 7D MkII?
On the subject of Nikon cropped sensors, does anyone think there is still space for a Nikon D400/D9000 cropped sensor pro body?
Is the D7200 equal competition to the Canon 7D MkII?
I'm one that still folornly believs there is room for a Pro DX camera. Scuttlebut on Nikon Rumours still continues to fuel that hope. Also looking
at it logically the 7200 was only an incremental update and the arrival of the 7DMk2 means Nikon has some catching up to capture the market
for serious crop sensor users. But of course until it does materialize it still continues to be a Mythical Beast.
Cheers,
Jim.
PS the 7200 fitting into 7100 housing may have well and truely scuppered my plan to pick up a 7100 housing 2nd hand!
I can confirm the D7200 fits in the Nauticam D7100 housing. I was working on the Nauticam Australia stand at OzTek over the weekend and I personally put the camera in the housing and tested all the buttons.
Everything works.
Does this mean that the D7200 will fit into the other D7100 housings that are on the market as well? It would indeed be exceptional that a camera upgrade not automatically necessitates a new housing.