After many emails and a complete lack of professionalism with Caters News Agency in the UK I now have to go public with this tale of ineptitude. In May of 2014 I was contacted by Caters about a series of images that they wanted to distribute, I agreed and the images were made available to their distributors in June of 2014. Once the royalties were paid over a span of a couple of months I asked to receive payment, here is the reply as of 28 Oct 2014:
Hello Mike, I hope you are well.
Thanks for getting in touch with me.
There is a sale from the Daily Telegraph online that I will get a royalty report sent out to you next week.
I will arrange payment via PayPal after that.
Kind regards
Of course after a couple of weeks no payment showed up and I contacted them again and received this on 3 Dec 2014
Hello Mike, I hope you are well.
I will add your due payments to my next payment run and will email you once they it has gone through.
Kind regards,
Another follow up on 29 January 2015
Hello Mike, I hope you are well.
I am sorry for the delay, we have recently migrated to a new accounts system which is taking longer than anticipated.
I will get it paid in the next coming weeks.
I will email you once it has been processed.
Kind regards,
Still nothing of course, then here is the last one I received from them on 23 March 2015
Hello Mike, I hope you are well.
I am sorry for the late response, I have only just returned to the office.
I will email you once the payment has been finalised.
Kind regards,
It's now 22 April, I have sent them numerous emails in the last month and am being completely ignored, no payments have ever been sent and none of the people who I have been emailing in accounts, as well as the original contact person at Caters, answers my emails. As you can imagine this is EXTREMELY frustrating to have to chase what should be a professional company in such a way..
So a word or warning to everyone out there, be VERY wary of using Caters as a distributor of your images. Not impressed in the least...