I've been shooting underwater 3D video for a couple of years now, and 2D video & still in various forms for about 30 years. Up until this year, my 3D video shooting has been with a JVC-TD1 which I consider to be an excellent underwater camcorder. Within the last year, I've aquired two Gopro Dual Heros along with the four 3+ Blacks to go in them. When I bought the first one, I had fairly low expectations for the 3D it could do. Boy was I surprised! I haven't dove with it yet but plan to this summer in the Bahamas for some shark & wreck diving. The plan is to mount both of the Gopro Duals on the TD1 housing pre aimed to line up with the LCD viewfinder on the TD1. They'll be set to shoot at different framerates and FOVs. In post, they'll be combined on the timeline with content from the TD1 which has a fairly narrow FOV.
Anyway, I fully realize that 3D is the Rodney Dangerfield of video these days- no love or respect. And, further realize, that there aren't a lot of us out there. Nevertheless, I wanted to start a dedicated Gopro Dual 3D thread for anyone who uses one or is interested in Gopro 3D.
My mostly 3D YouTube channel: