Hi everybody!
I started underwater photography many years ago, with the first canon compact (I believe it was 1,3 or max 2 Mpixels), then I switched to Sony, which I didn't like, went back to Canon with external Ikelite flash but my last one was stolen few years back and I decided to enjoy diving without camera distraction.
Now I would like to start again, I have a decent budget and have thought to upgrade to a mirror less. After hours on the forums and reading reviews I thought to go for Olympus OM-D E-M1. Some forum of last year were suggesting that it might be a wiser choice to stay with the EM-5 for pricing and accessories availability, but I am assuming that in the last year there have been improvements in this respect. I am reading that the Nauticam shell might be the best option, but I am quite clueless about the best fisheye lens (Panasonic 8mm?) and which macro lens I should think of (do I really need one at least before getting familiar with the camera). Also, can i manage one external flash only (as I had in the compact) or it would be a silly choice? I am not printing money, however I have 5 weeks diving in August in Bali and I was thinking to have the right gear available from the beginning, so that I could get familiar with it during this long holiday. Thanks to everybody who will want to share his experience on a mirror less set for an experienced diver but also a mediocre photographer... Raniero