Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

How do I avoid my wife murdering me when I come home with two more YS-250Pro strobes today?

Started by coinee ·

  • 31Posts
  • 31Replies

Read-only discussion

How do I avoid my wife murdering me when I come home with two more YS-250Pro strobes today?

31 posts
  1. my wife stopped having issues with my camera gear once i pointed out that the "big pile over there" cost less than her new bracelet.

     

    since then it has been open season for me.

     

    and NO, i do not want to talk about our jewerly problem.

  2. my wife stopped having issues with my camera gear once i pointed out that the "big pile over there" cost less than her new bracelet.

     

    since then it has been open season for me.

     

    and NO, i do not want to talk about our jewerly problem.

     

    ... and I'm guessing, long shot here, that Mrs giffenk doesn't want to talk about it either :lol2:

     

    Eeeee, life. You gotta love it, right? Especially when that new bit of kit is delivered.....

  3. My wife is our company accountant which puts me in a tough place every time I ‘need’ more stuff!

    Ditto, now we have a deal, I clean out another piece of older gear and reinvest it, 1oz of gold usually helps!!.......... Anyone need a Sea and Sea 12mm??

  4. I have a skillet and strobes but no wife. Problem solved.

  5. I have a skillet and strobes but no wife. Problem solved.

     

     

    I can sell you a skillet.....

  6. Mmmm mine hasn't spotted the Nauticam housing that arrived yesterday, could get interesting... then again after 30 yrs we have an understanding (yes dear...)

  7. Ditto, now we have a deal, I clean out another piece of older gear and reinvest it, 1oz of gold usually helps!!.......... Anyone need a Sea and Sea 12mm??

     

    FYI, there is a "Wanted to buy" in the classifieds for a S&S 12mm

  8. Thank you Brant :notworthy:

  9. after 30 yrs we have an understanding (yes dear...)

     

    It's always nice when they learn to take the philosophical outlook and just sigh and shake their head. Mine is - fortunately - there, at least as long as I don't abuse the privilege too much. Over the years I've become quite adept at spotting the tiny signals indicating that I'm getting perilously close to the edge...

  10. Wow, do I get it -- but in this scenario, I am the wife! :-) UW photography is expensive and sooooo hard to explain... What does your spouse love? What is her passion? Fund it the same. Share the love and the expenditures on hobbies -- keep everyone happy! ;-)

  11. Wow, do I get it -- but in this scenario, I am the wife! :-) UW photography is expensive and sooooo hard to explain... What does your spouse love? What is her passion? Fund it the same. Share the love and the expenditures on hobbies -- keep everyone happy! ;-)

     

    Woah, there's a thought... keep everyone happy? Does that ever work? isn't that just a ideal dream??? :crazy:

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.