Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Fibre optics and TTL

Started by TimG ·

  • 65Posts
  • 65Replies

Read-only discussion

Fibre optics and TTL

65 posts
  1. This is all great information. But does anyone know how long the discrimination against Canon shooters will continue? :angry2:

     

     

    Canon? What's that??

     

    :crazy:

     

    (just kidding!)

     

    Actually there is a Turtle for Canon; and don't Nauticam do a TTL system for their Canon housings. And the Subal V2 fits in a Canon housing too I assume...... so are you guys badly done by? Or am I missing something?

    Edited by TimG
  2. Maybe I'm missing something. I've contacted Turtle and they have not yet been able to get their device to work with the 5D Mk4. The Nauticam unit does exist, but it seems to only fit their housing. I'm looking for a smaller unit like the V2 that will fit in nearly all housings. It seems that the V2 unit "is underdevelopment" for the 5D mk4, but it still isn't available. It's really terrible having money to spend, but not being able to...

  3. Maybe I'm missing something. I've contacted Turtle and they have not yet been able to get their device to work with the 5D Mk4. The Nauticam unit does exist, but it seems to only fit their housing. I'm looking for a smaller unit like the V2 that will fit in nearly all housings. It seems that the V2 unit "is underdevelopment" for the 5D mk4, but it still isn't available. It's really terrible having money to spend, but not being able to...

     

    First World problems, JQ.

     

    I didn't know that the Turtle wouldn't (yet?) work with the 5DMk4. I'd only see that there was a Turtle for Canon. There might possibly be a way to get the Nauticam one to fit in another housing (some über-clever people in the Wetpixel crowd) Anyone know?

  4. Does anyone know if any manufacturer is working on a similar TTL device for Canon? More specifically, for the 5D Mk iv?

  5. Does anyone know if any manufacturer is working on a similar TTL device for Canon? More specifically, for the 5D Mk iv?

    UW Technics is preparing TTL Converter for Canon. It works with 5Dm4.

    Edited by Pavel Kolpakov
Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.