Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Remote Strobe ...?

Started by Byron ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Remote Strobe ...?

5 posts
  1. I would like to use a remote strobe, I was after a bit of assistance in how to make this work?

     

    I currently have 2 Inon Z240s that are fired fibre optically from my Nauticam housing. I would like to add an off camera one, does anyone have any recommendations of another strobe to use and how to fire it?

     

    There are only two Optical outputs on my housing so I don't think I can add an additional fibre optic cable, can it be fired direct off the sensor using the existing strobes power?

     

    Any photo's of set up would be great, do people mount them on a ball/tripod?

  2. You could get an inon s2000 which will fire wirelessly as a slave to the other main strobes (so long as it can see the other strobes).

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. You can use any strobe with a slave sensor including your Inons as a remote slaved strobe. The main limitation is that the sensor on the slave strobe needs to be able to "see" the flash from the strobe that is connected to the camera. Separate slave sensors have been developed to help do this. One by WP member owfotograaf is called the Triggerfish. Here is a link to his latest gadget for mounting a slaved strobe: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60638

     

    Slaved strobes have been discussed quite a bit here on WP so there is quite a bit of info already here.

     

    Here are a couple of "classic" threads:

     

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33133

     

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39737

    Edited by Tom_Kline
  4. Cheers guy's, nice to have some reading to do.

     

    I shall shout up if I have any more questions after reading these links

     

    Cheers

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.