Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Housing protection Nauticam

Started by SMY ·

  • 32Posts
  • 32Replies

Read-only discussion

Housing protection Nauticam

32 posts
  1. Not even close. I can just about pull the straps together to carry it

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Get a small piece of ABS sheet plastic 1/4 inch thick & cut to match the outline of the base of your housing. Mount with 2 1/4-20 flathead stainless

    screws. My Nexus housing has 3 tapped holes in its base, so I use the 2 outer ones. Your housing may be configured differently.

  3. Very interesting idea, too!

     

    Thanks to all your ideas and I wish all of you a Happy New Year 2018!!

     

    Sascha

  4. I also use the transparent package tape to protect the live window of my cameras, it lasts nicely. On my Olympus TG4 I use the tempered glass protector sold on eBay, it works and looks nice.

    Do you have any special recommendations for the transparent tape? The one I have created always bubbles and is in general not a sufficient quality....Or does anybody know a fitting glass protector for the Nautical D850 housing?
    Edited by SMY
  5. ...and I have a problem with my duct tape, too.....seems that it doesn't like the Nauticam housing surface.... any special tape recommendations?

     

    Sascha

  6. ...and I have a problem with my duct tape, too.....seems that it doesn't like the Nauticam housing surface.... any special tape recommendations?

     

    Sascha

    What is the problem: Doesn't stick? Removes anodizing? What?

  7. sorry, described unclear....doen't stick for more than two days.....

  8. sorry, described unclear....doen't stick for more than two days.....

     

     

    I thought it was a great idea too, alas found that issue soon after taping up my GH5 housing! LOL

  9.  

    I thought, I would be the only one..

  10. I want to test now some rubber bumpons taped to the bottom of the housing. The only thing I'm not sure about is, to find a double adhesive tape which is saltwater resistant...any ideas?

     

    Sascha

  11. This is what I'd try. Available in many widths/lengths.

    3M Scotch 5952 VHB Tape
  12. Perfect! Thx Sascha

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.