I'm finally biting the bullet and upgrading my Nikon d300 in subal housing. I have two ikelite ds125 and mainly shoot with 60mm macro or 10-17 tokina for wa. I use my photographs for science and public education so while I obviously want nice photos I'm not looking to try and shoot Nat geo quality (and I am the biggest limiting factor anyway!).
I know I need to go and do lots more research but wondered if anyone had an opinion about the best options for me. Would be great to be able to keep some stuff to keep costs down if possible although I am prepared to make an investment as my current system has done 10+ years.
Some considerations:
I had thought of getting another subal housed system but I am in Canada so nearest dealer is across the border. I do want another metal housing - aquatica or nauticam probably best options. However if I went with subal I could keep ports and view magnifier and sync cables. Are port adapters worth considering? I have a dome and macro (would need to look up numbers).
To full frame or not? I know the tokina lens won't be compatible with full frame and I do like it. I guess probably d750 for full frame and d500 for not (I know d850 is out now but not sure extra cost is worth it).
Opinions and recommendations for further reading very welcome.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk