Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Panasonic GH5 and mini flash DMW-FL70

Started by Interceptor121 ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Panasonic GH5 and mini flash DMW-FL70

23 posts
  1. I have the nauticam flash trigger.. my strobes arent firing theres a little light that goes off towards the bottom when I fire but no major flash output... what am I doing wrong?

     

    Assume you are talking about mini flash trigger ?Is the light going off at the strobe itself ?

    Firstly, is your cable good enough (i.e. ideally one of the 613 strands ones)? Not all cables will carry enough light to actually trigger the strobe, LED trigger emits less light than an internal camera flash. Myself had to actually buy new fiber optic cables,as old ones would not work with a LED trigger. Also, don't forget the preflash cancellation button if using Z-240s/330s..though strobe needs to fire first of course :)

  2. As my GH5 broke, I had to buy a GH5 M2. Beware, the DMW-FL70 does not work with this camera. It baffles me why Panasonic decided this would be a good idea, but it just doesn't


    I had to by the Nauticam trigger.

  3. Thanks for the heads up! That's a really odd thing to do, stop supporting that flash! bummer!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.