We are doing a bit of research and would appreciate anyone feedback
thank you
Beginner Forum / Archived topic
Started by Interceptor121 ·
Read-only discussion
We are doing a bit of research and would appreciate anyone feedback
thank you
I don't know how to answer. First UW camera was a Nikonos I.
I don't know how to answer. First UW camera was a Nikonos I.
Addeed high end amphibious camera
We have had 60 visits and only 10 entered a vote please vote or this is not very useful thank you
a sony trv 125 in a custom housing .But if this is poll only for photo cameras than it was a compact mju from olympus
a sony trv 125 in a custom housing .But if this is poll only for photo cameras than it was a compact mju from olympus
Hi Luftu
We are focussing on stills images camera
20 votes is getting better
Can an admin pin this post please?
The first model Nikonos (some call the one) with both a 35mm and the 28mm Nikkor lenses.
I started with the Canon Powershot S40 in the Canon housing around 2002. I eventually add an Ikelite DS-125 to it. I sold it on to someone else after a couple of years and moved to the Olympus 5050, a true classic UW camera.
Hi Luftu
We are focussing on stills images camera
This leaves me out too, since I only shoot video.
I wonder why you limited compacts to polycarbonate housings. First camera I used underwater was a Panasonic LX7 in Nauticam. First one I owned is the Olympus Em5 in Nauticam housing. I voted interchangeable lens, but if I count my parent's borrowed LX7 there would not be an option for me.
I wonder why you limited compacts to polycarbonate housings. First camera I used underwater was a Panasonic LX7 in Nauticam. First one I owned is the Olympus Em5 in Nauticam housing. I voted interchangeable lens, but if I count my parent's borrowed LX7 there would not be an option for me.
It's a fair point it should have just said compact camera but the large majority start with a plastic housing so when I put it down that is what came to mind can no longer change however I would argue that the first camera you bought was an ILC as the other was on loan?
Another Nikonos starter. This was a few decades ago! I did not use it for diving, however. When I started doing UWP while diving it was a medium format housing.
Mine was a Canon G10 with Ikelite housing and an Ikelite strobe...I really didn't like the housing at all and eventually moved on to Nauticam
A Sea & Sea DX1200... It got me hooked, but it's been in box on a shelf for a long time...
Canon Powershot
I also started with a Canon PowerShot, no strobe. Took it a few places. Looking back on my pics I have lots of green and blue lo-res images of beautiful places. When I went to Truk in 2004 I rented a second camera from my LDS as a backup, can't remember what brand but instead of a flash memory card you had to insert a 3.5" disk. I hope I can make it back there and take some decent pictures now that I have a clue.
Nikonos IVA + subalwider add on wide angle lense and Morris aqua flash. All well second hand by the time I got them.
My really first underwater camera was one of those disposable film ones. After that, Canon SD630 in Canon housing. Then followed a series of such Canon's: SD870is, s95, s120. Each failed with a zoom defect above water by the way. Then a Sony RX100 II with a pair of real strobes. Then Nikon D810, and D850.
My first uw camera was a tg-4 (3 - Rugged Waterproof camera (Olympus tough, etc)), but I also bought the pt-056 housing and a strobe, which is more (1 - compact or fixed lens in plastic housing). So I selected 1 assuming the intent of 3 was being unhoused.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.