Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Any Panasonic G9 users out there?

Started by Interceptor121 ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Any Panasonic G9 users out there?

23 posts
  1. Curious about performance of this unit...

  2. I recently picked up a G9/Nauticam housing and have only used it on one trip to PNG.  Bonaire in three months for more play time.  I'm at a complete loss for  video work which I hope to mess around with soon.

  3. G9 not really for video tho?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Actually I think it is.  However I'm a complete noob when it comes to video settings etc.  I've tried reading through some of your posts and see you're using a GH5.  You mentioned setting focus once at the start of the dive then continuing from there. 

  5. You have a great set up for stills. Where are you based?

  6. I'm based in Atlanta, GA, USA.  The G9 is a fun camera and pretty user friendly.  The nauticam housing is quite large compared to say the Oly em1 as it doesn't use a swing out back door but all in all it's a fun kit.  I wish more people used the G9 as learning from others is part of the fun.

  7. I'm just north of ATL myself.  I am just getting rigged up with a GX85, but G9 is on my watch list.  I usually stay a few versions back myself to keep the costs down and to get second hand pieces.

  8. 21 minutes ago, aviator8 said:

    I'm just north of ATL myself.  I am just getting rigged up with a GX85, but G9 is on my watch list.  I usually stay a few versions back myself to keep the costs down and to get second hand pieces.

    There is no second hand market. UK zero units sold I found only one in my network

  9. No second hand market for what?

     

  10. No second hand market for what?
     

    For the G9


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Ah yes, now.   In time things will pop up I'm sure.  When I originally decided to set up a proper diving kit I wanted to use my GX85 that I have had for a few years.  I could not find any second hand housings so I grabbed a deal on a RX100V setup to get me up and running until I could find something.  I had to wait around for about 10 months until I found a housing for my GX85, and recently got one.  Finding the camera isn't so hard so I will just wait until deals on a housing can be had.  Most everything else outside a port or two I have already. 

  12. What I meant those are NEW unit sales there is no market hence no 2nd hand market

  13. Haha, I bet it's the same with the GX8. I've never ever seen the housing used, and they probably sold very few if any...

  14. Haha, I bet it's the same with the GX8. I've never ever seen the housing used, and they probably sold very few if any...

    I have seen one amazing performance actually!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. On 2/6/2020 at 10:08 PM, EdD said:

    I'm based in Atlanta, GA, USA.  The G9 is a fun camera and pretty user friendly.  The nauticam housing is quite large compared to say the Oly em1 as it doesn't use a swing out back door but all in all it's a fun kit.  I wish more people used the G9 as learning from others is part of the fun.

    The G9 misses a pin on the hot shot so it is now compatible with panasonic mini flash and nauticam trigger is required

    I like this much less!

  16. I use the Nauticam flash trigger and don't have any issues.

  17. I use the Nauticam flash trigger and don't have any issues.

    Just makes the set up $250 more expensive plus multicore cables
    And no TTL for who uses that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. 2 hours ago, Interceptor121 said:


    Just makes the set up $250 more expensive plus multicore cables
    And no TTL for who uses that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    yeah well the $250 does suck but it's behind me now and I only shoot manual.  I was curious about the multi-core vs. single core cables.  I was thinking about the DIY cables.  I thought I saw someone say they could trigger the d2 with the toslink cable?

  19. 54 minutes ago, EdD said:

    yeah well the $250 does suck but it's behind me now and I only shoot manual.  I was curious about the multi-core vs. single core cables.  I was thinking about the DIY cables.  I thought I saw someone say they could trigger the d2 with the toslink cable?

    If you use the flash trigger the signal is much weaker so it needs multicore at least that if what Nauticam says

    I do not have one currently and my mini flash works with single core just fine

  20. Miniflash is also much cheaper, not factoring in having to buy multicore fiber.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.