I am facing the same dilemma (upgrading from my old G9). Basically, reading the OP’s message, his focus area is macro:
the G7x mark iii is about 350€ cheaper here in Europe than the RX100 mark VII.
If you go for the fantasea housing (as far as I can see, the one for the G7x is about 50€ more expensive), you are limited to 66mm on the RX100 while you get 100mm on the G7x. I don’t think you can justify the 300€ difference.
If you go for the Nauticam housing (600€ more than the Fantasea), you will get the full 200mm on the RX100, but I would argue you can get a macro lense for less. Of course Nauticam is very good quality, so if that is the preference, the RX100 becomes a bit more attractive.
The LX10/15 is currently a lot cheaper (200€ below the G7x) but there is no Fantasea housing (there is an Ikelite). You only get 72mm then so for macro not the best option.
On a budget I would say for macro (stills) the G7x is really worth it. I am currently struggling because I would like to have a bit more options on the wide angle too, it’s not good to hear you lose a lot due to the vignetting. Maybe there is a mirror less option that gives me more for a similar budget...
Edit: I didn’t add the RX100VA in the list. Price is about 50€ above the canon and they do have a Fantasea housing. So on a budget, you get about the same as for the Canon but again only 70mm like the LX10/15. Maybe that’s for me the best of both worlds.
Due to a promotion This weekend, the Canon here in Belgium is 100€ cheaper, so I am still in doubt...