Inon z240, with envelop batteries has +- 240 flash capacity. Usually I am using my Inon on 50% power (easier to change to other power settings) what makes a capacity of +- 450 flash’s on a full charge of eneloop.
Usualy I change the batteries 1 per diving day (3-4 dives), as on average I take 50-60 photos per dive.
and when charging the batteries I see that usually I have already 2 or 3 bars lit of 4 bars (totally charged) on the individual battery status of the charger.
The exception is if I go for a night dive, them I put a new set of batteries on the strobes, as I use them as dive lamp and I want to grant that I have enough power if something goes wrong.
I do not lube the o-ring every time I change battery. It depends on 2 independent factors:
- if last dive was in an area with thin sand/mud and I have been close to the bottom, I clean the groove, the cap and wash and lube the o-ring (enough grease to make it shiny).
- If unscrewing or screwing the cap I feel it is not smooth Or feel it “grabby”, I do the procedure explained on previous point
i do not lube the inner face of the cap because the prong also need to “work” on the oring groove, and lubing the oring directly is the only way to grant that None of the surface will be missing grease and do not cause any malfunction of the oring due to the cap screwing.
besides that is the write way to validate if the oring is on proper conditions (no cuts, no debris, etc)