Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Inon 45 degree vs Ikelite 45 degree viewfinder

Started by Adri ·

  • 29Posts
  • 29Replies

Read-only discussion

Inon 45 degree vs Ikelite 45 degree viewfinder

29 posts
  1. 22 minutes ago, Chris Kippax said:

    Hi Mate

     

    I have a different housing, mine is the older style 6871.03 updated to house a Canon 5dmkiv. It is tight but fits and works fine. If Ikelite can confirm your rear door is similar in dimensions to my housing I would say you are good to go.

     

    Hi Chris,

    After seen your housing i am confident that it will fit on my housing too. Those two turn selectors (knobs) left and right of the original viewfinder in the picture of your housing are way bigger then my delete button. The delete button is just the same as your silver push buttons.  If the nauticam viewfinder can rotate around onyour housing it will definitely will on mine.

    Thanks Chris, for lighten it up.  I am gonna order the Nauticam VF on monday.

     

  2. Well spotted mate

    The VF fouls if the rotary dials are not all the way in!

  3. I used a butter knife on its backside to remove the original Ikelite viewfinder. Be careful it is tight.

    Don't forget to order the Nauticam adaptor aswell!

     

    The other thing I did was replace the original tray with an ULCS tray with quick release handles. That improved the housing ergonomics %100

    Happy shooting 

    Unidentia Sp 

     

    Nu2.jpg

    Edited by Chris Kippax
  4. 1 hour ago, Chris Kippax said:

    I used a butter knife on its backside to remove the original Ikelite viewfinder. Be careful it is tight.

    Don't forget to order the Nauticam adaptor aswell!

     

    The other thing I did was replace the original tray with an ULCS tray with quick release handles. That improved the housing ergonomics %100

    Happy shooting 

    Unidentia Sp 

     

    Nu2.jpg

    Very nice nudi!

    Used a snoot?

    Edited by Adri
  5. No mate, just a single DS160 at 12 o'clock facing inwards using edge lighting

  6. If you have knob interference you can remove the knobs and shave the top surface dowin with a file, sandpaper or whatever. they are made from a solid color infused plastic of some sort. As long as the viewfinder doesn't interfere with the control shafts you can make it work. Replacement knobs are also available from ikelite. 

  7. 2 hours ago, blibecap said:

    If you have knob interference you can remove the knobs and shave the top surface dowin with a file, sandpaper or whatever. they are made from a solid color infused plastic of some sort. As long as the viewfinder doesn't interfere with the control shafts you can make it work. Replacement knobs are also available from ikelite. 

    Or I print a new button on my 3D printer.

  8. lovely photo

    Bill

  9. Thanx guys for your vision and knowledge.

     

    I have ordered the Nauticam 45 Degree Viewfinder and adapter ring for Ikelite

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.