Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

and the 12K era begins....

Started by John Doe II ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

and the 12K era begins....

23 posts
  1. Yea, but you asked about heat dissipation. 

    I'm really not serious about anything to be honest, just about having fun these days. (Made my living shooting video on the surface, retired now, back to my fine arts training,  drawing, sculpting, and yes UW video for fun and non-profit.

    Question can the GH5 do 60 fps @ 10 bit 4:2:2?

  2. Just now, Whipauee said:

    Yea, but you asked about heat dissipation. 

    I'm really not serious about anything to be honest, just about having fun these days. (Made my living shooting video on the surface, retired now, back to my fine arts training,  drawing, sculpting, and yes UW video for fun and non-profit.

    Question can the GH5 do 60 fps @ 10 bit 4:2:2?

    Not internally but at 200 mbps H264 422 60fps I can tell you is a waste of time anyway. Panasonic IBP implementation at 60fps 8 bits is 150 mbps and is much more efficient, 4K 10 bit 422 is 150 mbps and that feels light

    The codecs of this A7SIII camera are terrible especially as Sony only uses IP frames. I wonder why a company has to produce a £3,800 camera just to destroy it in some software implementation. Perhaps they think anybody will get a recorder but ProRes RAW 12 bit can only support 30 fps with HDMI 2.0 and Ninja so it will require different hardware altogether assuming the HDMI port can manage

    I also think that there are no underwater cables going past HDMI 2.0 anyway so 12 bit raw at 30 fps is currently as far as it goes

    I do not shoot any 50/60 fps underwater anyway as it does not need it really fish moves slow so I would focus more on the ProRes RAW 12 bits 24/25/30 as that is where it is really interesting

  3. 13 minutes ago, Interceptor121 said:

    Not internally but at 200 mbps H264 422 60fps I can tell you is a waste of time anyway. Panasonic IBP implementation at 60fps 8 bits is 150 mbps and is much more efficient, 4K 10 bit 422 is 150 mbps and that feels light

    The codecs of this A7SIII camera are terrible especially as Sony only uses IP frames. I wonder why a company has to produce a £3,800 camera just to destroy it in some software implementation. Perhaps they think anybody will get a recorder but ProRes RAW 12 bit can only support 30 fps with HDMI 2.0 and Ninja so it will require different hardware altogether assuming the HDMI port can manage

    I also think that there are no underwater cables going past HDMI 2.0 anyway so 12 bit raw at 30 fps is currently as far as it goes

    I do not shoot any 50/60 fps underwater anyway as it does not need it really fish moves slow so I would focus more on the ProRes RAW 12 bits 24/25/30 as that is where it is really interesting

    So the answer is no. I think I will enjoy the 60fps internal capability in post.

    Raw and big data space is a challenge for many,  I have a 7TB raid and its a concern with my surface work and whats in the can with my lowly RX100VII UW material. I'm just making a small step up with the A7s3, not looking for a job with the BBC.

    Bigger issues to me, would be good light and proper focus.

    Anyway this is topic drift, maybe back to 12K fun.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.