Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Complete Nauticam Kit for FX Nikon with D880E / D810 and Lenses

Started by solutionist ·

  • 28Posts
  • 28Replies

Read-only discussion

Complete Nauticam Kit for FX Nikon with D880E / D810 and Lenses

28 posts
  1. For Sale (prices in Australian $, postage extra):  a complete, pro quality, Nikon FX SLR underwater photographic system, lightly used, and in very good condition, comprising:  

    Nauticam Housing:  D800 (mk 1), including vacuum warning system + UW Technics TTL adapter for fibre optics (works really well) + Nauticam strobe trigger for fibre optics + 2x fibre optic ports + Ikelite hard wire port (not fitted)  $2,250.

    Nauticam Ports: 8.5" acrylic dome $500 |  macro 60 port $ 300 | macro 105 port + gears $350 | extension port and gears for dome to fit 16-35 lens $75.  

    LowePro Gear Bag (accommodates housing + dome port + 2 strobes). Cost $300 - free bonus to anyone taking the full Nauticam set of housing, and ports.

    Nauticam Viewfinders:  45 degree $850 | 180 degree (straight) $1,000 - both make a huge difference underwater!    

    Nikon FX D800e  (7,315 shutter count) $ 1,200 | Nikon D810 (145 shutter count) $1,800.  2x Nikon batteries with each camera, showing "new" in menu (always stored out of the camera).  Both cameras in great condition, with boxes.

    Nikon FX lenses: 16 f2.8 $600 | 16-35 f4 $800 | 60 f2.8 micro $500 | 105 f2.8 micro $800 | 50 f1.8 $100.  All unblemished and in great condition.

    Strobes:  2x Inon Z240 strobes + 2x Inon Snoot sets + fibre optic cables $1,000

    2x Ikelite DS 161 strobes + one extra battery + external Ikelite TTL adapter (works very well) + Ikelite fibre optic slave adapter.  Single & dual Ikelite strobe cables. $ 1,500. 

    Extensive collection of genuine Ultralight trays, arms, clamps, quick release handles - roughly $25/item (negotiable).  

    This was to be my forever outfit, after more than 40 years of underwater photography, some of it professional, and mainly with Ikelite.  The photos are the same, but the difference using a Nauticam system is like going from a Ford to a Range Rover.  

    The D800E is a magnificent underwater camera (massive improvement over DX and D610), and this one has only had 7,315 actuations (I shoot carefully underwater, like I'm still using  a film camera, with 36 on the roll).  It should be good for many years.

    The D810 was purchased as a backup and hasn't been used (only 145 "playing around" shots), as I've been playing with Fuji, topside, for the past few years.  It almost fits the Nauticam housing, which be converted for it, but why bother? The D800E will do everything you ask it to, and the D810 is much nicer to use on land.  As along term proposition (which was my plan) you'd have everything covered, at a fraction of current replacement cost.

    Why am I selling?  Arthritis has struck and I'm half way through getting both knees replaced.  My legs are stuffed and I doubt I'll be able to get back into serious underwater photography.  If I do, it will be with a much lighter kit.  This gear is heavy, and built to last!  

    Plenty of photos of all the kit are available,  Just ask through Wetpixel, or direct:  solutionist999@me.com.au

     

          

    DSCF9854.jpg

    DSCF9972.jpg

  2. That should be D800E!

  3. Hi, I'd like the 45˚ viewfinder if available please, posted to the UK. Let me know shipping costs when you can, Thanks.

  4. Willdo. Thanks. Should have that figure for you tomorrow.

  5. Hi Pelagius, postage is $42.50 for standard secure service (10-15 days), double that for express courier (3 to 5 days).

    Call it $40.00, and I'll spring for the packaging, so AUD$ 890.00 all up.

    You'll be aware this viewfinder is best for macro work.  The straight finder is easier to use generally.  I planned to use this with the Nikon 105mm micro, for dedicated macro dives.  In the event, I've never taken the 105 underwater, and this viewfinder has only been used half a dozen times, at most, with my 60mm micro.  It's an excellent buy, in great nick.  You'll be very happy with it.  Let me know how you want to proceed, and thanks for the interest.

  6. Hi there,
    In case you re not selling the 45 degrees viewfinder let me know, i am in Sydney


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Thanks Nicool. I'll give Pelagius another day or so to respond.  If not - it's yours!

  8. Hi Pelagius, are you still after my 45 degree viewfinder?  Unless I hear from you soon I'll pass it to Nicool - it needs a good home! 

  9. Hi,

    How old are the Z240s please? Are they still under warranty? Do you still have the invoice? 

    Thanks!

  10. Hi Pelagius, are you still after my 45 degree viewfinder?  Unless I hear from you soon I'll pass it to Nicool - it needs a good home! 

    Hi mate, can I have it then? :) Sent you a PM with my details


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Hi, Sorry about the delay in replying, if I haven't missed my chance then I'd still like the viewfinder. Could you pm me with payment details please, but if I've missed then no worries, Cheers, Dave

  12. Sorry Dave, Nicool swooped after I didn't hear from you for a few days!

    Keep looking, the Nauticam viewfinders are great pieces of kit. 

  13. Hi Slaaaake, sorry for the slow reply.  The Inon Z240s were bought through Scubapix in Australia in late 2014.  They're well out of warranty.  They've been stored without batteries, have always worked perfectly, and have never flooded.   The snoots are great and I think I have the 2x diffuser kits.

  14. Slaaake, I do have the original invoice for the Inon strobes. 

  15. Dear Solutionist,

    I might be interested in one or both of your Micro-nikkor lenses depending on which versions of each lens you are selling. I am only interested in the newer AF-S internal focus versions of each lens. If you have the Nauticam manual focusing gear for the macro lenses I would probably want those as well.

    I look forward to hearing from you.

    Fred

     

     

     

  16. Dear Solutionist,
     
    I just wrote a letter of interest in your WetPixel used gear ad.  As I said on Wetpixel I could be interested in one or both of your used Micro-Nikkor lenses if they are the newer AF-S internal focus versions of those lenses. In your gear photo the lenses are too small for me to see which models they are, though the 105mm looks like it might be the AF-S micro-nikkor.  And in your description of your Nauticam 105 port you mention "gears".  So I'm hopeful.  If your 105mm (and the 60mm) is the AF-S version and the gear you mention is the manual gear for the 105 then I would really appreciate any additional pictures you might be able to send to me. And anything you have about the age of the lenses.
     
    I just sent an email to a friend in Adelaide who might be interested in your Ikelite strobe package. He usually prefers to buy new gear, but you are asking such a reasonable price I think he should be interested in your strobes.  The friend also owes me some money and if we work out a deal on any of your gear, I will ask that he send you the money and ask that you ship the items to him there in Adelaide which means you will not have to do all the paperwork necessary when gear is sent overseas.
     
    I hope to hear from you soon.  Thank you,
     
    I just tried to send this response to you from the US using the firefox web browser and my hotmail account and got a fast response that the email address you gave is not valid. Could be a hotmail problem. Not sure. In any case, you could answer my questions here at Wetpixel.  
     
    Fred
  17. The email address you could send the requested pictures to is fbavendam@hotmail.com

  18. Hi Fred.  They're both latest version AF-S lenses.  I sent the Nikkor micro 60 to a buyer in Tasmania earlier today.  The 105 is now on ebay and is attracting offers,  If you want it you'll need to confirm quickly.  I've attached larger photos here (I think!).

    I can't find the 105 Nauticam gears.  On reflection, I don't think they were available when I bought the port and the lens have never given underwater.

    I have a guy in the Philippines asking me to hold the port until tomorrow.

    You're right, the Ikelite strobe kit is very very well priced!

    Let me know what you want to do.

       

    DSCF9897 1.jpg

    DSCF9898.jpg

  19. Hello Solutionist,

    I'd like to buy the lens from you.  You are asking A$800 for the lens. How about including the shipping cost to Adelaide as part of the price.  So the A$800 would include the shipping, with insurance, to Adelaide.  If this is OK with you, I ask my friend in Adelaide to send you the money.  You will need to send me, and him, the information of where he needs to send the money so that it gets to you..

    The real problem in all of this for me is that I am in the US and Australia is not allowing foreign tourists, even covid-vaccinated tourists, to enter Australia.  So I probably won't see the lens and get to shoot with it until sometime in 2022.  Bummer.  But I also have one of these lenses here in the US and the one I'm buying from you is my back-up which I hope I won't need.

    As an alternative offer, the friend in Adelaide owes me $2000.  If you will accept $2000, to include shipping to Adelaide, for the !05mm lens and all the Ikelite strobe gear, I would offer you that.  

    Let me know what you want to do.

    Fred

     

     

     

     

     

     

  20. Dear Solutionist,

    A couple more comments. I am not interested in the Nauticam ports so you should feel free to sell those to the guy in the Philippines.

    In your photo of the Ikelite strobe gear there is one of the Ikelite fisheye dome ports for the strobes which is not included in your parts list. Seems a bit strange that you would have only one of these if you normally shot with two strobes. Is there only one of these domes or do you have a second one somewhere that you would include in the strobe package. I have two of these domes, but have never used them as they are physically large and difficult to travel with. The airlines are not very friendly about excess check-in gear. I don't shoot fisheye very much so this is not a make-or-break issue. The one place I have shot fisheye a lot has been at the cuttlefish spawning at Whyalla. But use the 16-35 much more there as well as elsewhere.

    Your picture also seems to show two different chargers for the battery packs. Is this so? Can you give any info about how old the strobes are. Inon strobes seem to be much more popular in Australia, but I prefer the Ikelite strobes and own several 161s myself.

    Fred

     

     

     

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.