Hi Fred. I’m happy to sell the 105mm for $800, including post and packing to Adelaide. You’ll be getting an almost unused lens, because I found myself using the 60 almost all the time. However, side by side testing showed the 105 as the sharper lens. You probably know that.
It was bought from a real Australian camera shop, but I don’t have the box for it, sorry.
The DS 161 strobes were bought in 2015 and 2016, I think. There are two different chargers. They work similarly. The smaller, later unit may have been from the brief era when Ikelite first tried to put LiOn battery packs in the DS161s.
All 3 batteries are NiMh, they’ve all been stored separate to the unit, and all worked to expected capacity when last used.
I feel that $1,500 is already crazy cheap for such a comprehensive setup. So I’m holding out for a better price.
I do only have one dome diffuser, I got it for single lighting for specific fisheye use.
Let me know your thoughts. And thanks for your interest and questions.
Jon.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Classifieds / Archived topic
Complete Nauticam Kit for FX Nikon with D880E / D810 and Lenses
Started by solutionist ·
- 28Posts
- 28Replies
Read-only discussion
Complete Nauticam Kit for FX Nikon with D880E / D810 and Lenses
-
-
Hello Jon,
I've had a letter from my friend in Adelaide who originally said he wanted to buy new strobes. My original offer of $2000 for the lens and strobes would have meant $1200 for the strobes and since I have my own DS181s, yours would have been extras. My thinking as I made the $2000 offer was $700 for the lens (a little saving on the lens since I didn't haggle you on that price) and $1300 for the strobes. But after that original combined offer, which was for me alone, my friend in Adelaide thought more about the strobes decided he would like the strobes for himself. I still have to run things by him again, but I think he will be happy to offer you the full $1500 for the strobes, but would hope that you would pay shipping to Adelaide since he isn't trying to haggle you down on the strobe price. Is that something you can live with? Your full asking price on both lens and strobes if you pay for the shipping of everything to Adelaide?
If that is acceptable, you will need to contact my friend to arrange payment for everything and he will take care of the money part. And give you the address the gear needs to be shipped to.
Let me know what you think.
Fred
-
Hello Jon,
I've had a letter from my friend in Adelaide who originally said he wanted to buy new strobes. My original offer of $2000 for the lens and strobes would have meant $1200 for the strobes and since I have my own DS181s, yours would have been extras. My thinking as I made the $2000 offer was $700 for the lens (a little saving on the lens since I didn't haggle you on that price) and $1300 for the strobes. But after that original combined offer, which was for me alone, my friend in Adelaide thought more about the strobes decided he would like the strobes for himself. I still have to run things by him again, but I think he will be happy to offer you the full $1500 for the strobes, but would hope that you would pay shipping to Adelaide since he isn't trying to haggle you down on the strobe price. Is that something you can live with? Your full asking price on both lens and strobes if you pay for the shipping of everything to Adelaide?
If that is acceptable, you will need to contact my friend to arrange payment for everything and he will take care of the money part. And give you the address the gear needs to be shipped to.
Let me know what you think.
Fred
Hi Fred. That works for me. Please send contact details to me at: solutionist999@me.com and I’ll provide bank details.
Thanks again, Jon.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
Hi again Jon,
I've done a little more thinking since that last combined offer. In your add there is one more thing that I might be willing to spend a little more money on. In the add you write "...,,macro 105 port + gears $350 | extension port and gears for dome to fit 16-35 lens $75." I am translating "extension port and gears..." to mean a Nauticam Extension Ring (not port since there is no glass or acrylic) and a zoom gear for 16-35mm lens. I think these are both shown on the far right side of your overall gear photo. If so, I would like to offer you the full $75 for these two items. You don't give the length of the Nauticam Extension Ring which I would guess to be somewhere between 60mm and 80mm. Whatever it is is OK for my use. So I would like to increase our total offer to you to A$2375 with you paying shipping to Australia. Please let me know if I can add these items to our package offer. Once I receive your answer I'll send you my friend's contact information so that you and he can arrange payment to you and the address to ship things to in Adelaide.
Fred
-
Hi Jon,
Lots of mis-spellings in my last addition to the thread. Mis-spelled "ad" several times. And wrote "shipping to Australia" when I should have written "shipping to Adelaide". As side info, I also have a Nauticam housing, for the D850, but because I had lots of Seacam ports and extension rings from my previous housings I chose to use the housing with Nauticam's Seacam port adapter which means that I still needed new lens zoom gears, many of which needed a little machine shop work. And thus my interest in the extension ring and zoom gear. Took a little thinking to figure out how those items could be of use to me. And thus my "late" addition of those items to the growing package. I'm hoping that you will look at this thread again soon and get back to me so that I can send my friend the exact details we have agreed to and his contact informantion to you so we can complete the deal.
Thank you, Fred
-
Hi Fred,
I'll give you a leave pass on the spelling.
Your deduction is correct, it's a locking extension sleeve for the Nikon 16-35, and the "gears' are for zooming, rather than focus. It's a solid piece of gear measuring 70mm from flange to flange. It enables me to use the dome alone with a Nikon 16mm f2.8 and the dome + sleeve with the Nikon 16-35.
I have someone considering the 16 - 35 lens + port, which means the dome + the sleeve and gears. You probably know that's a really excellent go-to setup for almost anything that isn't a macro or fisheye subject. I'd love them to take the 16mm as well, which is a great lens for wrecks and big stuff, with its wide aperture - then they'll have everything wide covered, at a bargain price.
I should have worded the ad: Nauticam Ports: 8.5" acrylic dome $500 | Locking extension sleeve with zoom gears for dome to fit 16-35 lens $75. If the dome sells by itself, I'll be happy to sell you the sleeve separately, but not the other way around, for obvious reasons.
-
Hi Jon,
I have sent you the contact info for my friend, Ian, in Adelaide. When I wrote to him i told him "our package purchase" might be either for $2300 or $2375. And which ever way it went was OK with me. So I guess its the $2300 deal. You should have received Ian's phone number at your email by now. Please confirm that you have received it.
I do understand that you want to hold onto the extension ring and zoom gear in case you find a buyer who wants the two lens wide-angle package. But if that zoom gear and 70mm extension ring don't sell with your housing I'd still be interested. And in that case please just write to me directly at my email, fbavendam@hotmail.com. to tell me it is available.
Surprisingly, the Nauticam dealer here in Florida just sold a D850 housing to a friend and recommended an 8omm extension ring to use with her 16-35. I've been using a seacam 75mm extension ring with my 16-35 and found, through testing, that the second best was 80mm. But the dome I am using the 16-35mm lens with is the DP170, which is glass, not acrylic, and physically much smaller which makes it much easier to handle underwater than a larger dome.
Good luck on selling the rest of your gear and with your recovery from the knee surgery.
Fred
-
Thanks Fred. I spoke to Ian earlier today and we're all set.
I'll let you know if the extension sleeve becomes available.
Thanks again, and I appreciate the good wishes.
Jon