Hi Elmelodico,
Thanks, glad you like the video! Lot of turtles on those dive sites, makes life easier for filming them.
I do try to white balance every time with depth changes, maybe sometimes I'm a little lazy, especially if something happens quickly, rather record than do that process, so I'm sure that's the issue that its not spot on with the depths sometimes, very aware of that problem, need to be more disciplined. I've tried different WB techniques, such as the auto where you set the lock button, so you just need something neutral and toggle the button on/off, which works fine, but takes 5-7 seconds to effect, I usually prefer to WB directly off a tank of another diver or a white slate, both work the same (grey or white), same as topside photography. I have preprogrammed top right button to WB, and on there I just have two clicks, wb on, then custom, and press. I notice can also save custom WB, maybe 3 of them, 5-10-15m just for quick changes, but its still not as accurate as manually for every shot of course.
With regards tracking, I always just leave the camera on wide focus AF-C for 99% of my shots, that works perfect for me. If im shooting Macro, I use the little adjustable square and just move it to the face of the subject, and same AF-C. Not tried the normal 'tracking' if that's activated only by touch screen as you say, would be interested to know if anyone has figured out how to use that without touchscreen? I don't see hardly any shots out of focus with the method im using, even for super macro on night dives I have use that same method and most is super sharp, if you want to have a look at that video of A7S3 shooting macro at 120fps in night 'bonfire' diving, the link is here for my YouTube of that: