Hello
I have this weird issue with Tokina 10-17mm fisheye and light meter in my Nikon D500. If I set the aperture, shutter speed and ISO so that light meter reads 0.0 (matrix metering), photos are overexposed by about 3 stops. So I need to dial in -3.0EV exposure compensation to have at least approximately reliable light meter. Why approximately? Because it's not always off by 3 stops, sometimes it's off by 2 stops, sometimes by 4 stops, etc. It really depends on the conditions I'm shooting in. But I didn't figure out a pattern yet.
I've checked the aperture blades and they all seem to move normally (I can't see any stuck blades). I also did a test where I've set the optimal exposure on f3.5 and then progressively closed the aperture and took a photo for each 1/3 step. Photo was getting darker as one would expect, which again confirms that aperture blades are not stuck. Contacts on the lens also seem pretty clean to me.
Light meter on the rest of my Nikkor lenses works perfectly fine, so camera can't be an issue.
Is this a normal behavior for a fisheye (Tokina) lens or did I just get a bad copy?