56 minutes ago, newdiver said:
Thanks to everyone for their valuable input. I checked UStechnics website again and you are right it won't fit as is, however if the optical port can be removed, it can be replaced with the UWtechnics one?
Again, I'm not 100% certain on this, as I haven't seen the insides of the A7C housing, so I'm basing it off my A6xxx Salted Line housing. Since the camera pop-up flash on A6000 through A6500 fires forward, and the fiber optic windows on the housing face upwards, there is a 45-degree reflector inside, meant to redirect the pop-up flash light into the fiber optic cables. This reflector is held on with two really tiny screws. In the SeaFrogs blog post with the size comparison, on the front view, you can see the edge of a rectangular black part through the top of the port opening - I'm pretty sure that's the back side of the same reflector.
At any rate, the UW-Technics TTL converter for SeaFrogs A6xxx comes with a little board that has two LEDs on it - when you install the converter, you remove the two tiny screws holding the reflector in place and use them to attach this board in place of the reflector; the two LEDs point right into the fiber optic ports. If the A7C housing uses the same reflector design as the A6xxx one, then the same LED board should fit; if it uses a different part that has the mounting holes spaced closer or wider apart, and/or fiber optic windows in a different spot, then you will need to have Pavel make you a custom board.
Another possible pitfall is cable lengths - you need them to be long enough to reach the camera hot shoe and the LED windows from wherever it is that SeaFrogs decided to place the leak detector board in this housing.
Unlike the A7 housing, you do not need to replace the external part with the fiber optic plugs (this thing) - all the changes happen on the inside of the housing.
1 hour ago, newdiver said:
You are right in that size wise it doesn't seem that slim, however the a7c features such as gyro stabilization and 60P in 4k is of interest to me and like you said whether or not the investment is worth it I am not sure.
OSS/IBIS is less important when you shoot with strobes, as they tend to do a good job of freezing motion. 4K/60P is nice, I suppose, but are you that heavily into video to make use of it?