Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Seafrogs Sony A7C Housing

Started by newdiver ·

  • 30Posts
  • 30Replies

Read-only discussion

Seafrogs Sony A7C Housing

30 posts
  1. 6 hours ago, Phil Rudin said:

    Seafrogs.hk has now posted a video for the A7C housing operation which gives a better look at the housing. Among other things in the last few seconds you can see that the lens at 28mm seems to come pretty close in the inside of the port glass for use with WWL-1/1B. It looks about the same as the lens at 28mm inside the Nauticam port. 

    Yes Phil, I saw that too and it will hopefully work with WWL-1B. Is a WL the best setup for wide angle? I am assuming it is improved performance over a dome for both photo and video?

  2. 3 hours ago, newdiver said:

    Do you know where one can get the LED board other than UWtechnics? I am keen on this experiment.

    It's a custom part; contact Pavel.

  3. Any news on it?

  4. On 11/7/2021 at 1:54 PM, newdiver said:

    Yes, I have one on order, though I don't have the lens yet :) 

    Any news?

  5. On 5/2/2023 at 1:24 AM, caolino said:

    Any news?

    Yes I got this shortly after posting the last comment, it is just a standard port taking the 28-60mm lens and this along with wwl produces an amazing result compared to 16-35/F4 with dome port.

  6. Good to know! What about buoyancy with WWL and the plastic housing? Could be nearly neutral?

  7. 1 hour ago, fruehaufsteher2 said:

    Good to know! What about buoyancy with WWL and the plastic housing? Could be nearly neutral?

    I couldn't tell you since my setup was negatively buoyant due to having two heavy Chinese flashes and two Inon Z330s along with the WWL. I had some buoyancy arms but weren't enough and still negatively buoyant. 

  8. On 5/29/2023 at 2:37 PM, newdiver said:

    I couldn't tell you since my setup was negatively buoyant due to having two heavy Chinese flashes and two Inon Z330s along with the WWL. I had some buoyancy arms but weren't enough and still negatively buoyant. 

    Thank you anyway, I was just asking because I had one of the seafrogs housings with the original dome and it was assively positive and I had to add nearly one kg of weight.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.