Hi,
I have a Sony RX100 VII in a Nauticam housing and recently bought a Sea and Sea YS-01 Solis as my first strobe. I have them connected via a fiber optic cable and triggered via the camera's built in set to "Fill flash". And have the strobe set so it fires without a pre-flash.
Testing out the strobe on manual setting, I'm having issues getting the flash to sync properly when it's at 9/10 or 10/10 power. For 8/10 and lower or via TTL, the flash fires/syncs properly and I see the photo properly exposed from the flash. However at the higher settings, I see/hear the flash fire at a higher power, but the effect of the flash does not appear in the my photo.
The camera is supposed to sync at up to 1/2000s, so I tried slower shutter speeds but don't see a difference. Also tried playing around with different flash settings and shutter type settings and still see the same issues.
Does any one know why this might be happening?