Setting up new camera and housing. Can't get my strobes to fire. Setup details below.
I just bought the Nikon Z7II Mirrorless camera and housed it in my first ever Nauticam housing (have been shooting Ikelite with previous DSLR cameras).
Strobes are Ikelite DS160s (freshly back from servicing at Ikelite).
I am using Sea&Sea SS-50128 F/O Sync Cord II M/2 fiber optic cables.
Interfacing with the strobes using ikelite 4401.3 fiber optic adaptor.
I can see the flash firing inside the housing by viewing with the fiber optic cables disconnected.
Fiber optic cables seem to be fine as I see the fire at the non housing end of the cable when not connected to the strobes.
I tested the strobes using Ikelites "shorting" method to verify the strobes are working (brand new batteries and fully charged).
That leaves the fiber optic adapter as the culprit. Any insight/suggestions for troubleshooting or testing these adaptors? I am sending an email to Ikelite to see what insight they might have.
Thanks, in advance,
Lopes
I can't get the strobes to fire. I have verified I am getting firing from the camera to housing as I am seeing the red flash through the fiber optic ports.