Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus 60 vs 30 Macros

Started by Dann-Oh ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus 60 vs 30 Macros

22 posts
  1. Ah- low viz west coast diving :)  As far as going with a shorter adapter- I agree, and personally I don't do supermacro with my 50 yr old eyes.  The thing with the 30 is that it does give you some flexibility for medium sized stuff- it's really, really good for cooperative rockfish portraits, anemones, etc. 

    You'll like Puget Sound- places like Hood Canal and other protected areas are just so dang easy after surf entries.

  2. We dive the Channel Islands and Palos  Verdes quite a bit, mostly looking for nudis. I have all 4 lenses (OLY 30, Pany 30, Leica 45 and Oly 60). I think the image quality of the 45 is best  but if we are finding really small nudis (Porter's, Macpherson's) I will use the 60 with a CMC2 for getting them full frame. 

     

    Bill

     

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.