Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Some thoughts about Nauticam water contact wide angle optics

Started by Interceptor121 ·

  • 26Posts
  • 26Replies

Read-only discussion

Some thoughts about Nauticam water contact wide angle optics

26 posts
  1. Just now, Barmaglot said:

    I know - that's why I'm asking about the WWL-C, which is built for a 24mm-equivalent lens behind it.

    image.thumb.png.d73ddfa9d75568cfc53f9c8f4fe72761.png

    Ah sorry. If you have the WWL-C worth trying as a first buy probably not the best idea

     

  2. I don't have the WWL-C - I currently shoot A6300 + 16-50mm + UWL-09F - but I'm curious how the combination of a better lens and slightly smaller wet lens will stack up to 28-60mm + WWL-1 and other options.

  3. 37 minutes ago, Barmaglot said:

    I don't have the WWL-C - I currently shoot A6300 + 16-50mm + UWL-09F - but I'm curious how the combination of a better lens and slightly smaller wet lens will stack up to 28-60mm + WWL-1 and other options.

    Personally for photos only I would not get a wet lens at all. You will never remove it

    The WWL-C is a simpler construction in my opinion will drop quite a bit

  4. In Puget Sound (including dry gloves), I do tend to remove the -1B and also carry a CNC-1. The biggest difficulty with the WWL-1B and diopters is the lack of larger indexing marks with respect to the port and caddy bayonets. I've had to put a little yellow tape on the side which aligns with the bayonet latch. 

  5. I am also here in the PNW (with drygloves) and the primary selling point for me is the ability to switch between the WWL-1 to CMC-1 macro and back... I often switch at least once a dive, it isn't hard if you have good mounts for it; but it does take a good 30-45 seconds of concentration and isn't as easy as a flip filter, but still easy enough...

    Edited by insomniac
  6. I am also here in the PNW (with drygloves) and the primary selling point for me is the ability to switch between the WWL-1 to CMC-1 macro and back... I often switch at least once a dive, it isn't hard if you have good mounts for it; but it does take a good 30-45 seconds of concentration and isn't as easy as a flip filter, but still easy enough...

    Thanks guys
    Clearly there are people that benefit from the wet mount


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.