Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Seeking help with gear set-up for Sony a1

Started by Frothin ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

Seeking help with gear set-up for Sony a1

24 posts
  1. 21 minutes ago, ChrisRoss said:

    You can remove the focus knob if that is a concern, refer to the instructions here:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eqjAuRyQbazThYDkdThLO0zsoLvzdktJ/view

    If the concern is the price, probably no alternative the 45 on the port name refers to distance from port flange to the port glass and if you use a longer flat port you risk vignetting if the lens is not close enough to the port glass.  The closest is a N100 flat port 50. 

    Many thanks for that! Will be exactly what I will do.

  2. 34 minutes ago, ChrisRoss said:

    The Nauticam A1 housing is a little over 60% more expensive than the OM-1 housing.  Similarly ports are more expensive and larger. 

    True, but then you'd need to buy a new $2200 body, which will eat most, if not all, of the savings. Honestly, if I had an A1, I don't think I could imagine using any other camera underwater.

  3. 5 hours ago, WK's Gone Diving said:

    Many thanks for that! Will be exactly what I will do.

    FYI - I bought this recently and removed the focus knob. Super easy and it works well. 

  4. 21 hours ago, billmcdavid said:

    FYI - I bought this recently and removed the focus knob. Super easy and it works well. 

    Thanks. Good to know.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.