Skip to content

Lights, Strobes, and Lighting Technique / Archived topic

Use of 2 Seacam Seaflash 150D with Nauticam Housing

Started by muellema ·

  • 26Posts
  • 26Replies

Read-only discussion

Use of 2 Seacam Seaflash 150D with Nauticam Housing

26 posts
  1. Hi,

    okidoki. Will do so right now. Batteries where the new ones UWT send with the board but I have spare ones.

    Just new facts from this morning (didn`t do the changes you suggested yet as i read the mail afterwards reassembling and testing system this morning). Here step by step what I checked:

    Yesterday I removed batteries from flashes & camera for charching. RInstalled fully load batteries this morning & reassembled complete system.

    1. After turn on camera & Flashes > flashes don`t work even on 0/manual mode

    2. After removing batteries 1632 from board, put them in after couple of minutes same ones and turn on camera > flashes  working

    3. Turn off camera and flashes & then turn on both again > flashes does`nt work. I left the system (camera & flashes) on power and after a few minutes > flashes work again

    4. After turn off flashes and leave camera on & power on flashes again  after a few minutes > flashes working

    5. Turn off camera and flashes & then turn on both again > flashes  work

    Will change batteries and check today what happen and will inform you.

    Br. Markus

     

  2. As i told initially, this all looks like you made any mistakes in assembling, battery problems, wrong pinouts or other mistakes, maybe in self-modified bulkheads, or connectors to board, sync cords etc. Problem is unclear. This should be solved and tested when assembling at home or with the dealer, especially because you used self-modified parts.

    You have to divide the solution to few clear steps.

    1-st step:

    You have to test TTL-converter itself without strobes and without your modified electric bulkheads. Disconnect your bulkheads from TTL board and don't use them for a while.  Remove the TTL-Converter from the housing, then service the battery holder as i described above. Connect the TTL-Converter to the camera on the table. Check the TTL-Converter according to the User Manual (step by step). Rate the TTL-Converter LEDs work (the electric outputs work at the same time as the LEDs).  If the LEDs work properly at each shutter release in TTL mode (TTL double flash), the TTL-Converter works normally, you can be sure. As a result of this test, send me a video of the LEDs work and camera menu flash control settings, i will also look at all. Please send all videos to my personal messenger, or by e-mail.

    When this 1-st step is completed successfully, i can help you with the S-6 bulkheads proper pinouts and remake, onboard connectors pinouts, sync cords, strobe settings etc.

    Edited by Pavel Kolpakov
  3. Hi,

    may be I did mistakes in assembling, battery problems, wrong pinouts or other mistakes, maybe in self-modified bulkheads, or connectors to board, sync cords etc. how you impute this to me. From my point of view this TTL board is not working proper.

    Just for Information: I metered all my connection back home but can`t do this here. I was working 20 years in power and control energy business for one of world market leader and I`m definetly not a greenhorn how you imagine it.

    BR

  4. 2 hours ago, muellema said:

    From my point of view this TTL board is not working proper.

    If you are sure that board is defective, just return it to your dealer. It would be the right way.

    Edited by Pavel Kolpakov
  5. Hi everyone,

    update on use UWT board + Secam flash. Used the combination on 6 days of diving in manual mode without issues. 
    April 27th on first dive everything worked. On 2nd dive flashes didn`t work. 
    After dive I removed board from Nauticam housing and also removed batteries from TTL board overnight. 
    Morning April 28th I replaced batteries on TTL board and connected the board with the D850 without any 
    electrical connection to flashes. 

    1.     I turn on camera and press the camera shutter for 25-30 times. TTL board optical LED and blue light indicator show 
    TTL board working

    2.     I turn off D850 and turn on camera again + press the camera shutter. TTL board shows no indication/doesn`t work

    3.     Turned off camera removed ttl board hotshoe from d850 and replaced hotshoe again. 
    Turn on camera TTL board optical LED and blue light indicator show TTL board working after press the camera shutter 

    4.     I turn off D850 and turn on camera again + press the camera shutter. 
    TTL board shows no indication/doesn`t work after press the camera shutter 

    5.     Turned off camera removed ttl board hotshoe from d850 and replaced hotshoe again. 
    Turn on camera TTL board optical LED and blue light indicator show TTL board working after press the camera shutter

     

    …………….10+ more times  >>>>° 
    
    Maybe my mistake, but I don`t understand & I`m stupid. Happy 2 month diving/uw-photo holiday in philippines without flash,
    

     

    Br Markus

  6. On 4/29/2023 at 8:50 PM, muellema said:

    Happy 2 month diving/uw-photo holiday in philippines without flash,

    This all should be done at home in contact with your dealer,  before any dive trips. During the dive trip it  is too late to build a TTL system.

    As i already recommended before:

    1) Bend down the central tongue of battery holder. This is most important action before batteries installation, to improve batteries contact. After this, test the TTL system first on the table without housing and without bulkheads.

    2) if the board is defective itself, return it to your dealer.

    Edited by Pavel Kolpakov
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.