Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Forum member published in Scuba Press

Started by WetA70 ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

Forum member published in Scuba Press

21 posts
  1. Forum member published in Scuba Press

    Congratulations to KimInNB for her nice article and pictures published in the winter issue of Scuba Press.

     

    Kim, are your pictures taken with your Powershot A80?

  2. That's great to hear. Any chance of seeing the images/magazine pages?

  3. Hey, thanks, guys!!! Clement, you know I bragged about it on the Canon Powershot site, but I feel a little out of the loop here with a lot of DLSR people about, so I wasn't going to mention it.

     

    Most of the photos are taken with the Canon Powershot A80, but a few are way back at the beginning with an A20.

     

    I've scanned the magazine pages and they're up at www.pbase.com/kiml/sp for anyone who wants to take a peek.

     

    Kim

  4. Congrats Kim.....well done :wink:

     

    Karl

  5. I think it's great! For folks that are intimidated by the "techno folks" on here (myself included in that category) please DON'T BE! We certainly don't want to reflect that way and I know we all agree that it's the photograph that you make (and this time publish!) that matters, not the camera.

     

    Congrats Kim.

     

    Cheers

    James

  6. Well done Kim. Your photography is just as valid as anyone who shoots with a DSLR. Please feel free to brag over here anytime.

  7. Kim,

    Clement, you know I bragged about it on the Canon Powershot site, ...

    In fact no, I haven't visited this site for months. I bought the magazine and read your article without noticing that Kim's Picks were your's. It's only when I had a look at the contributors section and saw your picture that the gears in my brain started working...Hey I know that face...New Brunswick...Kim. Hey that's Kim!

     

    I too feel that Wetpixel is more DSLR oriented than before but it's a trend that doesn't bother me. I'll end up with a DSLR someday because I really miss the field of view of my film system. Moreover the quality of the pictures is better with a DSLR than an A70. Anyway hardware is not everything.

     

    Once again, congratulations for both the article and the photos. I'll pay a visit to the Powershot Forum.

  8. I don't mind the DSLR trend either. I'm very appreciative of the help that a number of members here have given me. Without James, I would have packed away my strobe, I'm certain!!

     

    I take the knowledge that they're willing to share and it helps my little powershot make better photos. So thanks for all the help, everyone!!!

     

    There will be a 2nd installment of "Kim's Picks" in Scuba Press - I was quite frustrated when I saw that my Deer Island material wasn't used at all, but I have been told that other dive sites will be in the Spring or Summer issues.

  9. Congrats Kim! Very cool! Nice to see your work in print I'll bet!

    Thanks for posting the pics too. Love coldwater shots!

     

    Rand

  10. Hello Kim, Congratulations, wetpixel member are well represented in this issue as I have a few shots in there myself, your shots make me want to try your part of the pond this summer, I am going to Gaspé to do the seals dive with a friend from Dallas, it be nice to swing by if time permit.

     

    Greeting, hey!

  11. That's funny, I always thought she was from Nebraska! :-)

     

    Cheers

    James

  12. Nebraska!! LOL!!! Nope, it's a little province on the east coast of Canada -- New Brunswick -- right above Nova Scotia, also "connected" to Quebec.

     

    Jean - I enjoyed your article!! If you do happen to be in this part of the country and you're looking for a dive buddy, let me know. It's a few hours from the Gaspé, but well worth the drive.

  13. Hey Kim, I was a stone trow from Deer Island, last fall, did a shore dive in Lubec, with a whale researcher friend of mine, was crappy condition that day so we had to abbort, but went out in the bay of Fundy the next day and saw 44 right whales, shot quidzillions frames of these guys, got great sexual behavior shot and even one with a whale snake sticking out. more tail shots with dripping water than I could possibly dream of, great place to be alive, will definetly look you up and introduce you to my friend in Lubec if we make it to the bay. Canucks are cool divers because we dwell on the hypothermic edge all the time! low body temperatures makes for warm peoples.

     

    Cheers.

     

    P.S. did you liked the upside down diver shot.

  14. Hey congratulations Kim, good to see more Canadians out there getting some press.

     

    Speaking of Scuba Press, was my photo/short article of two spinner dolphins jumping in that issue? Or perhaps the next one?

     

    Surprisingly enough i don't get the mag here in Yap so not too sure.

     

    If so then it seems like Wetpixel is taking over...

    Mind you that one was shot with film

     

    Mike

  15. Hey Mike, you're on page 6, good energetic shot, so that's 3 from Wetpixel, anymore out there.

     

    Here's the shot.

     

    Regard's

  16. Mike, Let me know your address in Yap and i'll ask the editor to forward you a copy or i will send you one of my own, I did the cover on that issue and a double page of some ice diving shots, (very appropriate for a canadian winter issue).

     

    Cheer's

  17. Hi Jean, thanks for the offer and a big thanks for posting the clip for me.

    I am sure Robert has sent a copy (and hopefully a cheque) to my house in Canada but not sure, would love to get a copy here in Yap for my records.

     

    Pretty easy address really:

     

    Manta Ray Bay Hotel

    PO Box MR

    Yap, FM

    96943

     

    Thanks again and i look forward to seeing your ice diving shots, that will remind me why i moved to the tropics!! (with a 7mm suit! Guess i am a big wuss for a Canadian diver...)

  18. Hello Mike, will do, give me a few day's, I'm getting a pile of those from Scuba Press, will mail you one ASAP. you are a wuss, 7mm in the tropic ! can't believe, they should revoke your passport :lol:

  19. Great dolphin shot, Mike!! Maybe we should send you a drysuit so you can keep warm in the tropics!!

     

    Jean - I didn't realize the number of photos you took for Scuba Press - are you the staff photographer? Love the upside down ice diver photo. We're doing an ice dive weekend here soon, I'll have to attempt to replicate your shot for the divers.

  20. Helo Kim, I'm not the staff photographer, but in light of the article I wrote they gave me the position of principal chroniquer for the photo section, of course I said yes, i like the direction it's going, lot of photo oriented content by Mark Jamiesen, me and you. and they want more of it. will definetly try to catch up with you one of these deer island days, same for you. You come to Montreal, and I'll schedule bottom time on one of the many shipwrecks in the neighbourhood. BTW just underneath the upside down diver was a twin engine airplane wreck, got some great shots, I'll show you somedays, actually look at this link.

     

    http://www.wetpixel.com/module-pagesetter-...-3-pid-34.phtml

     

    it's from a review I did on the 10.5 mm fisheye

     

    Cheers

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.