Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

The coolest thing ever!

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 26Posts
  • 26Replies

Read-only discussion

The coolest thing ever!

26 posts
  1. i have become a big cap wearer as of late yes.

    Nostly due to the fact the long hair didnt dry too quickly here in the UK ... so whilst growing it back i amplanning my return to the rock of cayman.

    They need to have someone there to help bring the hoards of young girls back in spring break after all.

     

    On the original topic .. I also used the very same mp3 player alex has during Cayman Madness the week before Hurricane Ivan hit Grand Cayman ... It is a very nice toy .. and the sound quality is impressive .. much better than any previous headphone devices I had tried (i.e. buddy phone) I just lost my Mp3 player by leaving it on an airplane today. I am now looking for an MP3 / Camera / Phone all in one device ... was thinking of the XGA http://www.my-xda.com/

    Although I haven't looked into it yet I would like something that I can maybe use to look at pictures from my camera and can help view / transfer them to a USB2 portable hard drive on travel trips.

    With something like this I can hear my tunes, use my msn, view wetpiel and make phone calls and if in a desperate twist of affairs i dont have a camera on me I can use this. I am not sure if this will do whatI want or If i need a 'real' PDA but itr's all gadgets like the old underwater MP3 which i did like .. but i like quiet underwater more.

  2. Don't worry guys - the D2X is still on order. I talk about nothing else all day!

     

    I must say I am enjoying shooting the Olympuses. Mainly doing wide angle and they are lots of fun.

     

    Jean, the guys from Amphibico have just left for the day. I'll pass on your regards when they are back at this end of the island - the day after tomorrow. They were with us for 5 dives today. Unfortunately I didn't get to try out a camera - everyone else had first pick! Plus I was busy on the dives modelling, critter spotting and getting people to get closer to the subject!

     

    Here are a couple of pix from today - Tuesday. I can't share that many from the Olys as they are needed for an article for UWP - but once I have chosen my images for that I'll share some more UW ones.

     

    Alex

     

    Giles - I can't believe you are casting all these assersions about my personal life. I am Alex the mild mannered, non-drinking, underwater photographer!

  3. sorry alex .. you are very right i did forget to use the word mild.

     

    I miss my island .. bring it back for me Alex

  4. Hey Alex, is that Val from Amphibico, if so you are diving with legend stuff, this guy created Aqua vision / Aquatica the went on and founded Amphibico, Wow! you got question about u/w optic, this guy is Optical knowledge on legs.

  5. Regarding the underwater headset, it may be fun for warm water, cushy diving, but when you are diving on a regular basis in cold water requiring lots of gear and lots of camera toys, why would I want to waste my time with a headset? I have enough problems with current, surge, cameras, viz, gear complexity, concentration on camera use, composition, lighting, an occassional buddy-wife, and all the crap above for her. That is just another annoyance and technological problem to set up and deal with. I laughed when they came out.

     

    NOW, if I am snorkeling in the Carrabean with a cocktail in one hand and a volume control in another, RIGHT ON! 8)

     

    Joe

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.