Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Storage Solutions

Started by John Bantin ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Storage Solutions

22 posts
  1. I have just bought some Fujifilm Photo Discs. They are guanteed for life. Whose life? I am not sure. Anyway, on the side of the box it says if I loose my data Fujifilm will supply me with a new disc. It does not say if it will have my pictures on it!

     

    Does anyone have any bad experience with these discs? I am intent on using them in the interim until an affordable archiving system gets invented.

  2. Hi guys,

     

    I faced the same problem...

    for now I write DVD's of all RAW shots as I transfer them from the CF.

    After sorting and editing they go on another DVD and the external HDDs.

     

    All the RAID functions of the different OS are great but I stick to manually copiing to two drives. Gives me more flexibility with more than one computer.

    I use the Maxtor drives with 250 and 300GB.

     

    For management purposes I have a low res jpg of all files, which makes searching easier...

     

    At all times I should have 3-4 copies of all files.

     

    Have fun

    Torben

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.