Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Should you have two cameras?

Started by dawktah ·

  • 25Posts
  • 25Replies

Read-only discussion

Should you have two cameras?

25 posts
  1. Mike,

     

    I believe you had that chance a few weeks ago....God those 20d's are bitchen... I made ur weights and just have to machine them up..

     

    Don

     

    Yeah, I suppose I did have a chance but it's hard to pry one of those things away from other people who are trying to use them at the same time! Hope that molten lead left you with a few brain cells still functioning!

     

    Mike

  2. :) I carry a camera duplicate. Since I don't have to open my housing every dive, I use the duplicate to take pictures topside. If I do have a flood, the topside camera will become my back-up housing camera. I spend a month in PNG every year and don't want to get caught up short with a flood.
  3. Count me in too as a double-body kinda guy.

     

    As Allison says, it's so useful to have one housed and one for top-side use - which can be diverted, please God no, when the Great Flood happens.

     

    In addition with digital bodies changing faster than I can type this, I don't want to shell out a lot of money on a good housing only for my camera body to die sometime (hopefully) in the distant future and not be able to buy another one then. With two I feel I have got a fighting chance of getting some long usage out of my system. And I get to take topside pixs too.

  4. Just bought second camera two days ago. Ready to roll. Now fun times carrying all this on the plane. ATR from SJU to EIS is more my concern.

  5. I carry a powershot as backup. As long as photgraphing fish it is not my daily job, it will do. I think my girl will kill me :o if I spend another fortune, just to be safe.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.