Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Wide Angles lenses for D60 and Ikelite housing

Started by tshepherd ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Wide Angles lenses for D60 and Ikelite housing

22 posts
  1. Bummer, no, all my lenses are Nikon mount.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. I just got back from Australia, used a D60 in a UK-Germany housing. My main lens was the 16-35L with a dome port, worked extremely well. You can't really do any zooming in of course, but on the wreck of the Yongala especially you *will* get close to big stuff!

     

    I'm still working on the trip report and gallery, it's here and under construction for the next week or so.

     

    I also shot with the 100mm macro but found that very difficult to use u/w; focus speed was a big issue, and lower light levels underwater didn't help. Still, that's a great sharp lens.

     

    I just re-read your original post and realize the above doesn't really address your question, sorry about that! I'm just excited because I went to Australia. But I do very much love the 16-35; topside it's the lens I use most. Probably that's partially due to the focal crop effect of the D60, but I find it very sharp and I like shooting either wide or tele/macro anyway. I found this lens very worth the $$.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.