Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sardinops Sagax Run video

Started by Drew ·

  • 40Posts
  • 40Replies

Read-only discussion

Sardinops Sagax Run video

40 posts
  1. Here's a rough cut of the first tape. Haven't had time to go through the other 2 tapes yet. Editing is a little rough and the music is just sometime I'd been working on for something else. Enjoy

     

    Sardinops Sagax Run Video

    Edited by scubadru
  2. That is absolutely fantastic footage. Very nice. Thank you for sharing.

     

    Joe

  3. Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Fantastic, really.

     

    Alex

  4. Very, Very cool. Love the dolphins flashing in and out of the school.

  5. Just wonderful !!

    Very very nice.

     

    Thanks for sharing your video.

     

    Hugo

  6. HOw big is the download?

     

    Would love to see it but don't have patience...i hate my slow internet....

  7. It's 15mb.... I remember the internet speeds from Yap.... not worth the d/l. I am trying to compress the file to about 5mb.

  8. Incredible. Wish I will have a chance to see something like this in person!

  9. Incredible. Wish I will have a chance to see something like this in person!

     

    You can.... Eric is going with a group next year. I'm even bringing my thai masseuse (if I can swing taking her away from the spa in June) but I'll be far away from the Wetpixel bunch.

    Edited by scubadru
  10. Bravo - I cant wait to see the final edit.

  11. Wow! Fantastic...

  12. You can.... Eric is going with a group next year. I'm even bringing my thai masseuse (if I can swing taking her away from the spa in June) but I'll be far away from the Wetpixel bunch.

     

    Yes, I saw the announcement however, my bank account forecast pretty much show that I am going to be broke next year with all the divetrips that I already planned ;)

    My boss also kept mentioning that some of the time off that I am asking for, should also be for all those conferences that I should go to, instead of diving!

     

    Forgot to mention, the music gave me a flashback to college day when a friend of mine used to torture me with Philip Glass on a regular basis. Worked very well for the video though.

    Edited by ssra30
  13. That's some really nice work. The music works well...I'm looking forward to the final cut.

     

    ~Matt Segal

  14. You can.... Eric is going with a group next year. I'm even bringing my thai masseuse (if I can swing taking her away from the spa in June) but I'll be far away from the Wetpixel bunch.

     

     

    Good plan Drew, i hear they are an obnoxious bunch those wetpixelers....hey! hold on a minute.....

  15. Hey I can't help it if Eric and bunch will be across the river in the cold while I'm enjoying my massage. But I do know they have a pool... which is going to be 17°C at least. LOL

  16. 17C? where's my drysuit? People don't dive in that sort of temp do they never mind jump in a pool!!!!?

  17. awsome vid.

     

    Where was this taken and what part of the year?

  18. Hey I can't help it if Eric and bunch will be across the river in the cold while I'm enjoying my massage. But I do know they have a pool... which is going to be 17°C at least. LOL

     

    17C? hmmm, are there any sardine run somewhere a bit warmer?

    20-22C is the absolute low I might consider diving and preferably above 25C.

    After years of Chicago winter, I am now allergic to cold liquid that is not in a glass, can or bottle!

    Edited by ssra30
  19. awsome vid.

    Where was this taken and what part of the year?

    Transkei, South Africa. June

     

    17C? hmmm, are there any sardine run somewhere a bit warmer?

    20-22C is the absolute low I might consider diving and preferably above 25C.

    After years of Chicago winter, I am now allergic to cold liquid that is not in a glass, can or bottle!

    Hehehe then you don't want to know that the temperature variance goes from 15-24°C. I actually had to leave a baitball once because I began shivering. I guess adrenaline can only do so much. My best baitball ever was 21°C. Of course these measurements are all Suunto ° so a +/- 1°C variance should be noted.

    My first run I had 5mm wetsuit and a 3mm + 2.5 hooded vest. Now I've progressed to 7mm semi-dry.

    Edited by scubadru
  20. Transkei, South Africa. June

    Hehehe then you don't want to know that the temperature variance goes from 15-24°C.  I actually had to leave a baitball once because I began shivering. I guess adrenaline can only do so much. My best baitball ever was 21°C. Of course these measurements are all Suunto ° so a +/- 1°C  variance should be noted.

    My first run I had 5mm wetsuit and a 3mm + 2.5 hooded vest. Now I've progressed to 7mm semi-dry.

     

    Hmmm, I dove South Rinca where the temp was about 21C once with 3/2mm wetsuit/hood and it was tolerable for about 1/2 hour. I suppose 7mm semi-dry might be ok. I guess there is still hope :D

     

    How long was the ride out on the dinghy? The sea did not look very calm! My main bane of scuba diving, motion sickness! ;) I once threw up on a 2 minute boat ride from the beach in front of the hotel to the divesite in Dumaguette, the Philippines ;)

    Edited by ssra30
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.