Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon 5D official announcement

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 126Posts
  • 126Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 5D official announcement

126 posts
  1. I prefer the bigger size too when the camera is in my hands. But I do topside photos in certain situations where the smaller size is important. Everybody who has used a 10D knows the 5D size already. The 5D is just a few millimeters wider and due to the uncropped full size viewfinder about 10mm taller in the middle.

    For me the 5D is perfect in terms of size. Small if it is important and with grip the right size if I want it (long telelens, vertical shooting, etc.).

     

    There is a size comparison in the white paper between 5D (without grip) and 1D series (pic attachement).

     

    post-2081-1125560121_thumb.jpg

     

    Julian

  2. Regarding my comments above, I was referring to my topside preferences, by the way. Underwater, smaller is just fine.

  3. Regarding my comments above, I was referring to my topside preferences, by the way. Underwater, smaller is just fine.

     

    We're not talking about Seinfeld and Herb again are we? ;)

  4. I'm still waiting to hear if the 5D will work in the Subal C10 housing.

  5. I don't know as far as other housings go, but I'd be willing to bet that it'll work in the Sea & Sea D60 housing with minor modifications. I have been succesfully using my 20D in a Sea & Sea D60 housing with no problems - the housing has so much extra space, I'm sure the 5D will fit also. From quick measurements it looks like it may also fit in the Aquatica 20D housing, but it's a little hard to say.

  6. I don't know as far as other housings go, but I'd be willing to bet that it'll work in the Sea & Sea D60 housing with minor modifications.

     

    If this is going to be true I'll order two 5D the moment they hit the Market.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.