Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Images from Last week

Started by Ron Boyes ·

  • 32Posts
  • 32Replies

Read-only discussion

Images from Last week

32 posts
  1. If I remember correctly, the octopus incubation period is about 50 days... you have a good chance... get some 10:1 of the eggs! Khaw hoi chok dee!

     

    hmmm 10:1, I wish! I am now absolutely broke otherwise I was very tempted to get the sigma 150mm with a diopter. That could be a lot of fun. For now I am stuck with 70-180mm with 6T diopter. May be I can steal my divebuddy's 105mm with double teleconverter :)

     

    First time I saw bluerign octopus before I really knew what it was, I just stick my C5050 right next to it to get a picture. Now that somebody told me how poisonous it is, I am a bit wary :) Ignorance is blissed (sometimes) ;)

    Edited by ssra30
  2. I like Rod Klein's photography. Even in Lembeh he still manages to produce original shots. Alex

     

    It helps to be there weeks and months at a time. It's like living in the playboy mansion for a 15 year old hetero male. ;)

    I remember in 2001 when Rod was in KBR I believe the first or second time... he didn't know a melibes from a phyllodesmium... now look where he is.

     

    SSRA30

    I believe there is an organ market somewhere on Rachadapisek Rd...opps wrong market :P

  3. Really nice collection! (How do you get the fish to yawn??) Tell us about your equiment you were using for these...

     

    Larry M

  4. SSRA30

    I believe there is an organ market somewhere on Rachadapisek Rd...opps wrong market  ;)

     

    Alright, I think I might be willing to part with my left cornea for the 150mm (only need my right eye for the view finder!) or sell my hair to the wig factory. However, I have to save one kidney and one liver lobe for the D3 and housing :P

     

    Shoosh! don't tell anyone about the market on Rachadapisek! B)

  5. Really nice collection!  (How do you get the fish to yawn??)  Tell us about your equiment you were using for these...

     

    Larry M

     

    Hi Larry,

     

    I am using a Nikon D2X in a Subal Housing and a 70-180mm Zoom Lens with a Nikon SB800 Flash in a Subal Housing.

     

    How do you make a fish yawn? - patience and luck are the only way I have found, it took almost 40 mins to get the shot.

    I gave up waiting on the red hairy frogfish - as our dives were limited to 60mins - maybe next time.

    ron

  6. Hi Larry,

     

    I am using a Nikon D2X in a Subal Housing and a 70-180mm Zoom Lens with a Nikon SB800 Flash in a Subal Housing.

     

    How do you make a fish yawn? - patience and luck are the only way I have found, it took almost 40 mins to get the shot.

    I gave up waiting on the red hairy frogfish - as our dives were limited to 60mins - maybe next time.

    ron

     

    thanks for the tip, I supposed with the number of hairy frogfish they have at Hairball currently, I hope nobody else would mind if I go and squat on one of the frogfish for an hour or so ;)

  7. For those interested you can visit the "other" Lembeh gallery at this link Lembeh / Manado Images July / August 05 This includes "another" blue ring with eggs image...

    Beautiful. I wish I did not see the gallery 5 days before I am leaving for Lembeh. Don't know why I would even bother taking my camera after seeing your gallery ;)

  8. I wish I did not see the gallery 5 days before I am leaving for Lembeh.

    well it does give us something to aim for... then again i have 17 days to wait ponder and get over those images before i get to lembeh...

     

    i have been looking at all these lembeh photos and trying to learn. next step trying to put that in practice ;)

  9. O.K...I just deleted all my images off my hard drive.

     

    Maybe I should stick to what I'm good at...

     

    drinking.

     

    Nice photos.

     

    Al Nelson

    Edited by AL N.
  10. wow, what an awe inspiring gallery!

     

    those are among the best seahorse pics I've ever seen. that's not to discount the others which are also awesome. especially the ribbon eel (the angle is really cool) and the stargazers. It would be nice to get your EXIFs.

  11. wow, what an awe inspiring gallery!

     

    those are among the best seahorse pics I've ever seen. that's not to discount the others which are also awesome. especially the ribbon eel (the angle is really cool) and the stargazers. It would be nice to get your EXIFs.

     

    No problem will include the EXIF when I update the page over the weekend.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.